Chapter 10 - Heavy Lies The Heart

All these secrets didn't seem to calm Y/N's nerves, for when there was a secret that came out, it seemed like five more too appeared. Everything spiraled to her annoyance, and with it, was the confusion and irritation that clouded every waking thought. Was this my life? All just a lie?

It was as if It was purposefully trying to get her to grow mad every moment, until when it did come to happen, the madness would've completely overtaken her entire mind, and that would lead to her being dragged into the sewers, never to be seen again. The more questions she had, the more she questioned her very own existence - Was it all fake?

She would never know, but It must've, for It was an entity far greater than anything in this entire universe, or that was what Y/N thought. The most scary thing about this was that she had no idea what was to happen.

Was this all a game in It's mind? It was Pennywise's sick twisted games after all, but why did It have to act like such a trickster it was beyond her. All she wanted was the truth; the truth to this sick reality she was living in, and none of these little answers the clown was telling her were helping in any way.

Books won't help, nor can I just ignore the questions I need answers to. Y/N had spent most of this afternoon in her room, the window open to her bedroom, as she laid on her small bed, either going from reading to sketching something. She couldn't ignore any of it she had come to realise, and that night when Pennywise had showed up led to some sleepless nights.

It was still genuinely confusing as to what It wanted with her - was It teasing her? The entity was so unpredictable and sporadic, she was having a hard time coming to quick conclusions on It's decisions.

Not like she had seen Pennywise since the last meeting in her bedroom that night, and that was two nights ago. It was more as if in those two days that had gone, she was trying to prepare herself for It to appear again, keeping all movements to a minimum and making sure to keep an ear out for all different noises.

Nothing had come from It, all noises she heard were from outside or from herself; including every creak and small noise. It was growing frustrating to out way if it was her doing it or something else.

"So many questions, yet so many f*cking riddles ." she muttered under her breath, swiping her pencil across the paper in a rough manner, creating the harsh shading lines for her art. She noticed that everything she was doing was associating itself with It more - and it was as if she wasn't even noticing that she was doing it.

Her mind would wonder to elsewhere, and when she would look down, she would see that she had mysteriously written or drawn something, like for instance, she had just drawn a rough sketch of the outline of the red painted face of the clown.

She sighed in defeat, scrunching the paper in her hands, and taking aim at the bin, throwing it carelessly as it hit the edge but didn't fall in. As much as she didn't want to think of it, Y/N knew that the answers she would get from a history book wouldn't help, and as much as she wanted to disagree with it, she knew that there was only one thing she could do.

She hated that in her mind, something was screaming to her, a void of a eerie voice that urged her to do it, beckoning her to go find It. She also hated the outcomes if she would just storm her way into the sewers to try and find It, and nevertheless, she knew there was another place to go.

.

.

.

.

She towed her bike down the sidewalk, the old rust caused for the metal to squeak and churn whilst she towed it, the constantly squeaking connecting with each step Y/N took. The soft summer breeze blew past her, a appreciation humming in her blurring mind, happy to feel a breeze that cooled her skin against the beating sunlight shining down.