Date at McDonalds

It was practically the same every day.

Every day you would go to class, have lunch, more class, and then you would go home.

Every day Alfred would bother you. Don't get the wrong idea, it isn't bullying.

He's not bullying you, he's actually doing the opposite, he's being nice to you.

Why, was a different story. You haven't got a clue.

Today was just just like any other day. You went to class had lunch, more class and went home. Before you could exit the building, a familiar American tapped you on the shoulder.

"What Alfred?" You sighed.

He frowned. "What's wrong _____?" Yes, he finally got your name right.

"What ever do you mean Alfred?" You rolled your eyes.

"You don't seem happy to see me." He responded, frown still plastered on his face.

"I was never happy to see you. Why can't you leave me alone? I don't know why, but you're so persistent! What is it that you want from me? Do you want to embarrass me and laugh about it? huh? why are you so interested in me?" You snapped.

"Why would I laugh at you?"

"Because that's what the popular kids do! They make fun of the outcasts! People like me! What do I have that no one else does huh?"

"You're different. When I first met you, you didn't act like any other girl I had ever met." He gave me a sad smile.

"Well newsflash, I'm not any other girl."

"I know."

"You have the choice of following any girl in the school. Why me?"

"I want to be friends with a normal girl."

That did it. You broke out into uncontrollable laughter. "You think I'm normal?! That's a good one Alfie-" You let the last part slip out and blushed.

"See, we're already friends! You gave me a nickname!" He smiled.

"Wait no that just-"

"I knew you would come around sooner or later!"

You were flustered. "That just slipped out, we're not friends..." You mumbled.

"Yes we are!" Alfred sang.

"There's no getting out of this is there?"

"Nope!" He said as he popped the 'P'.

"Great." You groaned

He kissed you on the cheek, it was quick but you blushed so red that it would put Antonio's tomatoes to shame.

"See you tomorrow _____!" He ran off, leaving you holding the spot on your right cheek where he kissed you.

Alfred F Jones just kissed you.

...

The next day was just the same.

Alfred was still his goofy self. It made you wonder why he is Mr. Popular anyway. He's just as stupid and weird as the rest of you outcasts, and he cares about you a little.

Sometimes you think he's just clueless of the whole popular ranks. But there is one thing you knew.

He's not going to become your best friend that easily.

"Hey _____!" He waved his had in front of your face. You were so deep in thought that you weren't listening to him. Not that you would any way.

"What? I guess I spaced out. What was the question?"

"I asked, since we're friends and all-"

You rolled your eyes before he could finish that thought. You weren't really paying attention.

"If you would want to go somewhere where we could have fun together?"

"Uh yeah sure. Whatever you say."

"GREAT! HAHAHA!"

"Wait! what did I just agree to?" You turned to Alfred.

"You said you would go on a date with me!"

"That's not what-"

"I'll pick you up at 12:00 tomorrow then! Bye _____!"

"Wait you don't know where I live! How are you going to do that?"

He smiled. "You can thank Gil!"

Before you could blow your top, he ran away and left in his pick up truck.

What have I gotten myself into?