Chapter 36-Edited

Start from the beginning

I see Ryder look at Carter with a skeptical look.

"This is Carter, he's not a threat to us. He's on our side. He's been helping me train over the past few weeks. He's one of the only reasons why I'm still alive right now." Ryder looks over my shoulder to Carter before nodding his head.

"Thank you." Carter nods his head before turning away from us, giving us a little privacy. Ryder closes his eyes before taking in a deep, ragged breath. When he opens his eyes again, they're swirling with all kinds of different emotions.

"You can't be on the battlefield," Ryder tells me with a stern expression.

"I can't just sit on the sidelines! I want to help!" Ryder shakes his head and gently grips my shoulders.

"I won't be able to fight knowing that you could be getting hurt by someone. Please stay here with Jake and Carter. It will give me a peace of mind," he says while staring into my eyes. I pout slightly before nodding my head.

"Alright, I'll stay here on the sidelines. I won't get involved," I mumble while looking on the ground. Ryder gently cups my cheeks and makes me look at him.

"I'm not doing this because I don't think you're capable of fighting or because I think you're weak. In fact, I think the opposite of that. I know that you're strong and that you can handle yourself. I just don't want anything to happen to you." I nod my head and give him a small smile.

"I know. I'm not angry. Go do what you got to do, I'll be ok," I state while pushing him away. He stares at me for a second before joining his pack on the battlefield.

"Are you going to use your powers to help them out?" Carter asks while scanning his eyes over the clearing.

"Yeah. Since I can't actually be out there, this is the next best thing."

"Be careful. You don't want to hurt your pack members."

"I know."

"Wait, what are you guys talking about?" Jake asks with a confused look on his face. He looks between Carter and I, waiting for an explanation.

"It's a long story, I'll explain later," I state before rolling my shoulders back. I vaguely remember that Carter had told me that I made a tornado at some point. I wonder if I'll be able to do that again.

I start focusing all my energy into trying to form a tornado. It can't be too big though. Like I said before, I'm not trying to hurt my pack members.

I take in a deep breath before letting it out slowly. I can feel the wind picking up gradually. I repeat the process a few more times before I start moving my hands around in a circular motion. Pieces of the wind start to mix and start swirling around in a circle. I keep moving my hands for a few more moments before I send the tornado into one of the corners of the clearing where there are only enemies located.

"Wait, since when have you been able to do that?" Jake asks with wide eyes. I hear Carter tell him to quiet down, and that things will be explained later.

The tornado catches a lot of them off guard. Some try to run away, but they're not quick enough. The tornado picks them up before roughly throwing them to the ground. Some of them are killed from the impact, and others are severely injured.

I see Zack's body tense as he sees his men running around like terrified 10 year old girls. He's only standing a few feet away from me, and he doesn't even realize it. I could kill him right now, and he wouldn't even be able to do anything. He's completely defenseless, even though he has people guarding him.

"Guys, it's time to give up. We can't win," Zack grumbles as he comes out from behind the guys who were protecting him. His left eye starts twitching and he starts clenching and unclenching his fists. Over half of his army has been destroyed. That's pretty impressive since he started with over a thousand people. I now believe the rumor that the Blood Falls pack could easily take down a pack over three times its size. I always used to think that was a myth, but now I know.