8B | A Shake In Relationships

Start from the beginning

As much as I hated to admit it Michael was right. Simone and Janet did shoplift and skip school. Not saying that she would slide right off the hook had she just skipped school, but when our parents find out I'm sure she would get it a lot worse having only done that and not steal too.

"Well they're going to get yelled at by Mrs. Kat and my parents, so we shouldn't make them feel worse."

All Michael did was look at me without saying a word and I took that as a hell no.

My heart went out to Janet already.

--------------------------------------------

It was almost one-thirty when Michael and I were walking through the doors of the mall entrance. Neither of us were sure where the security room was in the building so I ducked into Macy's to ask one of the clerks. After getting the directions to where it was located in the mall Michael and I walked silently to our destination. I opened the door and walked in first and turned to see Janet and Simone sitting quietly in the row of seats that was behind the navy-blue door. They both looked up relieved to see me, but Janet's expression quickly changed from relief to horror when she saw her brother walk in after me.

"You didn't say you were with Michael!" Simone said jumping up with a shocked expression.

"Well you didn't really give me a chance to..."

Our conversation was cut short by a stocky middle-aged man coming out from another door filled with computer monitors and television screens with a basket in his hand.

"Are you here to claim these two?" He asked in a deep, husky, voice as he gestured to Simone and Janet.

Michael was too pissed to talk so I spoke up. "Yes."

"They were caught stealing over a hundred dollars of merchandise from Claire's," the man said and held the basket he had in his hands out to me. I glanced inside and saw the jewelry filling the basket halfway. "We've already taken their information we just need for you to sign for their release."

I was stunned so all I could do was nod my head. The security guy disappeared before returning and Michael signed for Janet's release while I signed for Simone's.

The walk to the car was a silent and awkward one. I was scared for I didn't know if Michael was waiting until we got in the car to explode or if he was just that angry to where he couldn't speak. I was more so leaning on the former, so before I got in the car I pulled my Michael to the side.

"Kiss me."

"Semaj now ain't the time..."

I interrupted him and spoke again this time in a more demanding tone. "Kiss me."

Michael grabbed my waist, pulled me to him, and kissed me. I ran my fingers over the top of his curls pulling him deeper into the kiss as our tongues did a dance. I could feel the heat rising through my body as I was pressed against his and Michael's grip tightened on my waist as my arms tightened around his neck. I pulled back slowly as I bit Michael's bottom lip and gripped the back of his curls in my hand. My heart was beating a mile a minute, not only from the kiss, but because I had deprived it of air while kissing Michael. He looked tired as well as his shoulders raised and fell, but I'm sure that was just from the kiss.

Michael bit down on his bottom lip as his brown eyes locked with mine. "I know what you tryna do."

I chewed on the inside of my jaw, figuring that my plan didn't work. "Is it working?"

The look in Michael's eyes told me that it did even though he wouldn't admit it, and I smiled. Now it was time to get in the car. Michael and I parted ways and I eased into the front seat. We closed our doors at the same and Michael started up the car, but sat there for a few seconds staring off into space. I was about to ask what was wrong until he turned the car off and my heart started to beat rapidly in my chest. It was almost as if Janet knew it was her cue to talk because she immediately spoke up.