two ➢ nyu bound

may 13, 1993

siya twirled the ends of her hair. her high school career had been officially over for days. it hadn't set in until this very moment. for the past few days she's been entertaining her visiting family and when night fell she'd be partying until the sun came up. she ran the pad of her thumb against the bags developing under her eyes. the true consequence of enjoying youth.

she wouldn't be leaving for new york for weeks - wanting to start school early she picked up some summer classes. that was just the kind of person she was; always ahead of the pack and remaining on top. her parents admired that about her, but was not satisfied with the school of her dreams. new york and texas were different worlds. they were far from poor; money was not the issue, the distance was. siya would be all on her own.

her pager beeped. celine had paged her multiple times through the day so she wasn't surprised when she saw yet another 911 from her roommate. she through on some shades and snuck out of her bedroom window. she jogged down the street to the nearest pay phone. she slip a few coins in the slot before tapping over the familiar numbers.

"what's the word?" siya urged, her accent slipping through.

"you still haven't asked your parents for your own line huh?" celine teased.

"for what? they'll just get it tapped. those people are bizarre" she scoffed.

"you're parents are rich! who cares how bizarre they are? get some bread out of them before you leave"

siya rolled her eyes, "money can't buy happiness. was that the urgent message you needed to give me"

"once we settle into nyu we'll be broke college students. i mean if my parents had it like that i'd always have my hand out" she mumbled, "but that's not why i wanted you to call me. a couple of folks up here are talking about parties and shit so, once you get up here you're letting loose."

"what are you blabbing about? i've been to parties. i know how to let loose" she mimicked her tone.

"no, no, no, you're version of let loose is taking a couple of shots and making it back home before 10. your parents aren't here siya. you can be as free as you want" she cheered.

"i can't wait to leave. that house is hell" siya huffed.

"try to enjoy the rest of your time home. i just wanted to see what you was on" celine laughed lightly.

"i'm not some lame like you think. you want to hit up some parties - i'm down" she yawned into the phone.

"and get some rest siya. i don't want you to be all tired and drained once you get here" she joked.

"whatever. good night i'll talk to you soon" she put the phone down before making her way back home.

siya didn't have any plans for the night, with the house to herself she decided to take a nice bubble bath and to curl up with a nice book. after she poured herself some of her parents 'cheap' wine she decided against reading a book, but attempting to sketch something.

she promised her parents she'd be going to school for business - which wasn't a complete lie - it was a back up plan if her art career didn't take off.

she flipped through her sketch pad and wiped away any droplets that fell from her body. she spread her pencils apart as she repositioned herself on her bed. she hadn't completed a single sketch for some time. she'd start something, have creative block, and abandon the project completely. she sighed unimpressed with her pieces of work. she gulped down more wine before pushing the bottle on the night stand and laying against her pillow feeling defeated.

siya laid on a bed of roses. her fingers grazed the petals that surrounded her. her hair was in its natural state fanned out underneath her. she wiggled, sinking further into the pit of petals. she turned to her side and there they were. those beautiful brown eyes. the meadow was dark and the only light landed perfectly on his beautiful eyes. they were a dream. siya sat up sneaking glances in his direction. he sat up too, yet she still couldn't see more than those eyes.

"we meet again" she whispered with a shy smile.

"no need to be shy ma. you've known me for too long" his accent was thick.

"every time i have creative block i find you. what does that mean" she rubbed the roses on the meadow floor.

"draw me" he suggested. he stood to his feet and turned to give her one last look. her wild hair and glowing brown skin. he smirk slightly and disappear behind the trees.

she peeled her eyes open before shifting to look at her cloak. she pulled her hair up into a loose bun and sighed. while stretched she nearly knocked her art supplies off of her bed.

ok i know it's short, but i did update recently so pls spare me the details. anyways i'm writing and proofreading, changing, editing, writing, deleting, rewriting - i just fell in love w this story. i plan on paying it respects before i fall apart again - i'm kidding 🌚 i just have to finish it. i hope you guys actually like some of this; at least a little 🌹