Chapter 11: Camp

a/n:

I wasn't going to add Merles P.O.V. in this chapter but I thought it would be fun to kind of show a bit more of his insanity during the rooftop scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merles P.O.V

Thunder rumbles across the city as Merle mumbles to himself hallucinating as he violently pulls on the handcuffs attached to the pipe Rick had locked him to.

"That's right. You heard me, bitch. You got a problem? Bring it on if you're man enough, or take it up the chain if you're a pussy. You heard me, you pussy-ass noncom bitch. You ain't deaf. Take it up the damn chain of command or you can kiss my lily-white ass. That's right. That's what I said. You heard me. And then this idiot, he takes a swing, you know, and well..."

Merle laughs hysterically at the dark forming clouds above him.

"Oh, you should've seen the look on his face when I punched out his front teeth

"Oh, you should've seen the look on his face when I punched out his front teeth. Yeah, five of 'em. Pow! Pow! Just like that. Huh. Oh my god. 16 months in the stockade...oh, that's what them teeth cost me. That was...that was hard time, but by god, it was worth every minute of it just to see that prick spit his teeth out on the ground. Yes sir, worth every minute."

He continues to try and pull himself off the pipe, the handcuffs grinding into his skin but he was still unable to get loose.

"Oh no. No no! No no! No no! God! God! No no! God! Jesus! No no, merciful Christ!" Merle cries out to God as he violently moves around, "No no. No no. God, help me! God! God! Jesus, please! Jesus, please. Help me! Come on now!"

Walkers begin to growl louder from the stairwell catching Merles attention. He sees the dead trying to claw their way in through the door but they aren't able to break through the chain.

"Help me. No no. Oh, no no." Merle cries trying to quiet himself from causing more walkers to hear him, "Oh my god. Shh shh shh shh shh."

His hands tremble as he cries in fear yelling out again.

"No, Jesus. Jesus. No no no no no no. Please. I didn't behave, I know. I know I'm being punished. I know. I...oh, I deserve it. I deserve it. I've been bad. Help me now. Show me the way. Go on, tell me what to do. Tell me. Tell me. God!"

He rolls under the pipe unbuckling his belt trying to get the saw lying nearby him.

"That's okay. Never you mind, silly Christ boy. I ain't begged you before. I ain't gonna start begging now. I ain't gonna beg you now!" He tells himself concentrated, "Don't you worry about me! Begging you ever! I'll never beg you! I ain't gonna beg you! I never begged you before. Oh shit. No!"