24

"Excuse me?" I hear someone's voice say as I open my eyes. "You two are.. Jack Avery and Charlotte Parker correct?"

Laying on Jack's chest, I stand up seeing a nurse with a clipboard. I nod my head to her question as Jack starts to wake up.

"When you're ready, I can take you to the room Abby will be staying"

Once I heard the nurse say Abby's name, I grabbed Jack's arm causing him to stand up next to me. We follow the nurse out of the current room, onto an elevator, then walking past a few rooms until the nurse walked into the one Abby was in.

Slowly walking in, I saw Abby sleeping on the bed. She was a bit pale, wearing a cast that covers her fore arm while some bandages covered parts of her legs and face.

Jack and I sat next to my aunt and mom on a small couch, who stayed the night with Abby.

While listening to what the doctors had to say, I learned that while Jack and I were inside the calming room.. Abby miraculously has no brain damage and ended up with a successful surgery. Her arm will take a while to heal and she will be asleep for most of the day, but if she passes a few tests then she can leave the hospital in a few days.

"We're gonna go get some lunch" my mom says as she and Abby's mom leave the room. While Jack was staring down at his phone, I just stared at Abby.

I want her to wake up. I want to apologize. I will sit here all day if I have to. I just want things to be right.

Jack's phone goes off, which gives me a startle. He answers his phone as I eavesdrop his conversation until he hangs up the phone.

"The boys need me to help pack some things before we head out for our next show.." Jack says pointing towards the door.

"Go ahead. I-I'll be here if you need me" I say giving fake smile.

Jack plants a kiss on my head before running off outside to help the rest of his band. My mom texted that she and my aunt decided to run some errands, so that meant it will just be me here today.

*

All day. All day I've sat in the same spot..no food, no drink, no signs of Abby awaking. Nurses came in multiple times during the day making sure Abby was ok. Other then that, nothing has really happened.

My mom had told me to stay at the hospital overnight with Abby since I didn't have to pack anything for the rest of tour..so I was stuck here for the rest of the night.

I wanted food, but I didn't want to leave Abby. I don't think she'll wake up anytime soon, but I just don't wanna leave her.

The door cracks open, making me think another nurse is checking on Abby, but then I suddenly smell food.

I get up to turn on a lamp beside me, since it was dark, to see Zach with a Chipotle bag.

"Hungry?" He questions as I run over to hug him.

We sit down as we both chow down some burritos. I must've eaten about half the burritos Zach brought, because all the food in the bag was gone by the time we finished eating.

"Thank you Zach for the food..I haven't eaten all day"

"No problem. I assumed you were here alone since Abby's mom informed the boys and I she and your mom went shopping..so why not visit you and Abby"

I tense up a little now that I'm thinking about the incident.

"Zach I have something to tell you-"

"You found out about Abby and I? I know.." Zach says cutting me off.

"How??" I asked with a bit of confusion.

"I found Abby's phone on the ground near the street she- got hit on. Me being a little snoopy I found a little note she wrote down about you finding out"

"Zach I'm sorry"

"It's ok. I mean- you're Abby's best friend..I knew you were gonna find out eventually. I just don't want anyone else knowing..because this is a little weird and-"

"I won't tell a single soul" I cut Zach off giving him a hug.

Suddenly, I hear a sound. Not the door, but something moving. I look over to Abby as she starts to move.

I walk up to Abby as her eyes flutter open which makes my face grow a big smile.

"Abby??" I question her.

Zach walks up to the bed standing behind me as Abby moves a bit more.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry-" Abby repeats. My brain runs through all of the past memories we had together which makes me tear up.

"It's ok Abby. I'm sorry too. I just don't understand why this had to happen" I say holding Abby hand.

Her eyes flutter open looking at me. We stare at each other until we break the silence in the room.

"I don't know what to say. I shouldn't have yelled at you. You're the only good friend I have. I can't be mad at you" Abby spills in a soft tone.

"It's ok. I can't lose you either. I just want to stay friends forever"

Abby and I give each other a small hug before Zach starts to talk to her. I sit back down on the small couch that I've been on all day and let out a yawn.

It was late. I closed my eyes and put my head on the wall, since I didn't want to take up the whole couch. I didn't hear Abby's voice after a few minutes, so I assumed she went back to sleep.

"You comfortable like that?" Zach asks as he sits back down next to me. I shrug my shoulders, moving my head to his chest. He puts his arms around me as we both drift off the sleep.

"Thank you for caring about Abby" I say before my mind goes to sleep mode.

(A/N - Soo...what's gonna happen next huh?) *sorry for any incorrect spelling*