1

"Charlotte! Let's go!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. I run down and get into her car. We are going shopping. I really wish I didn't have to, but apparently my mom doesn't trust me anymore because last time I found some alcoholic scotch in the fridge and drank some.

Once my mom puts her car in park, I look up from my phone seeing my mom has chosen to shop at a Target inside a mall. "Keep your phone in the car." she tells me. I obey her and hide it in the glove box.

Walking through the exit door, my mom runs towards the clothes. I've never seen my mom run so fast. As I get closer to where she ran, I notice her hugging someone.

"Charlotte, this is my best friend from school, Kristin." She tells me. I shake her hand. "Nice to meet you." I say politely. "It's so great to meet you as well Charlotte." Kristin replies.

As my mom and Kristin talk, I spot some clothing and walks towards them.

A little over three minutes of looking at the clothes, my mom calls name. I walk towards her seeing a big smile on her face.

Before my mother could speak, a little blonde girl runs towards Kristin. "Oh and here is one my daughters now. This is Isla. Isla, this is an old friend of mine and her daughter, Charlotte." Kristin says as she gives Isla a hug.

"Very nice to meet you." I say politely once again. "Nice to meet you too. You're very pretty." Isla compliments. "Aw thank you!"

"My other two daughters are at my house, and my only son, Jack, is here somewhere..." Kristin adds on.

Kristin looks around until she finds Jack, who I then spot as he walks towards us. "Jack, this is my best friend from grade school, Caroline, and her daughter." Kristin says once again.

We shake hands. "Awesome to meet such pretty ladies." he says with a smile as I stare at his curly hair.

"Hey, why don't you two walk around for a bit while we catch up on things?" Kristin suggests. "Hey that's a good idea." my mom adds. She takes out $20 and hands it to me. "Meet us at the entrance in about an hour" Kristin says.  We walk out of Target, watching our moms and Isla wander off in the clothes section.

"So, I didn't catch your name." Jack says as we start walking nowhere. "Oh, my name is Charlotte." I say. "Well Charlotte, I gotta say, you are very pretty." "And I gotta say, you have some insane noodle hair." I say touching his hair. We both laugh and continue to walk.

"...Do you live in Pennsylvania or are you just visiting?" He asks. "I'm from PA, I'm guessing you live around here too?" "Yeah, I live with my mom, step dad, and 3 sisters...but I don't get to see them often because I'm in a band"

"Which band?" I ask. "Why Don't We" He takes out his phone showing me a picture of him with four other dudes. "Would you like to get something to drink? I can tell you more about us when we sit down." Jack says as I look at pictures of this band he is in.I hand back his phone before walking into our choice of Starbucks.

As I sip some of my coffee, Jack walks over to me with a frown upon his face. "What's wrong?" I ask. He shows me his cup. They spelled his name "Jaxk". "They do that so people can post about it and gain more customers...at least that's the theory I hear."

As my play around with my empty cup, Jack tells me more about the band. What I learned so far is that Jonah is the tallest, Corbyn is the blonde, Zach is the one that looks like Jacob Satorious, and Daniel is the one with the tooth gap.

Jack's phone vibrates showing a message from his mother. He reads it and says we need to head to the entrance. As we walk towards the entrance doors, it gets awkwardly silent. "Can I get your number?" Jack asks breaking the silence. "Sure." we both exchange numbers, writing his on my hand since my phone was in the car.

When we find our parents, Isla comes running to Jack. "Jack look what I got!" She says happily shoving a make-up kit in his face. "Cool, just don't go using the make-up on me ok?" He says. We both laugh. My mom and Kristin then get our attention.

"Charlotte, we are gonna have dinner at Kristin's house tonight." my mom tells me. "Ok cool" I say with a smile. When I get in the car, I grab my phone from the glove box, adding Jack as a contact. Literally right after I add him, he texts me.

Jack - I can't wait to see you later ❤

Me - same here

Jack - Isla wants to put her new make-up on you

Me - Sounds fun 😂

When we get home, I impatiently wait for my mom. Once she finally had everything, we got back into the car and head to the Stanford house.

(A/N - Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the first part of this story! I have a feeling it's going to turn out great! I'm not sure how long it will take to update parts but I hope to get enough free time to do so! Hopefully you don't get too impatient and stick around for new parts! - Emporia ) *sorry for any incorrect spelling*