21

I wake up to a quiet room. I'm 18 years old now. I hop out of bed noticing Abby isn't in the room. I put on black leggings and a 'Why Don't We' sweatshirt, walking into the little dining room seeing both Abby and her mom sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Happy birthday sweetie!" I hear my aunt say holding up a present to my face. I take the gift and open it, revealing a $50 gift card to Chipotle. "Thank you" I say as I put the card back in the small box given to me.

Abby has a gift in her hand as well. She didn't look happy, that's when I thought back to last night. She held the present up and gave it to me with a blank stare. I open it revealing half of a heart that says 'Weirdo #1'. Realizing it was a necklace, I look at Abby's neck to see the other half of the heat that says 'Weirdo #2'.

"Thank you" I tell her. No response.

"Is everything okay between you two? You guys are awfully quiet.." Abby's mom asks with a worried look on her face.

"We're fine" I tell her.

"Well ok then. You guys need to get ready so we can go to the venue and meet the boys there for their concert"

Abby and I both go to our room, packing our stuff without saying a word to each other. I was still upset about how Abby is seriously mad at me. I'm not sure if I can take it much longer.

Once we got done packing, the three of us got into the car, and drove to the venue.

*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" all the guys yell at me as they pull me into a group hug. I give a fake smile saying thanks, trying not to act depressed because of the fight Abby and I had. We all went into the venue, Abby and her mom following Eben to their seats while I sat on the stage with a pile of presents in front of me.

I opened each present. Eben getting me a $100 amazon gift card, Corbyn getting me a cool NASA shirt, Zach getting me a pack of oreos, Daniel getting me a bracelet that has my zodiac sign on it, Jonah getting me a Hufflepuff coffee mug, and Jack getting me cool little pastel orange bear.

"Thank you all" I tell everyone. I pick up all my presents and put them im one bag. "I'm gonna take these to the tour bus"

As I walk to the bus, I couldn't help but think about Abby. We've never had a fight before. I mean, we have disagreements, but she has never yelled at me. Ever.

I walk into the bus, putting my present bag on the table, and flopping on my bunk face down. I didn't feel like doing anything as of right now. I felt depressed. Without Abby and I being friends I'm not sure what to do. Soon enough, I felt tears come down my face.

I squeezed my pillow, letting all of my emotions come out. I yelled, sobbed, and hit my pillow.. many times. I'm surprised no one has come in the bus yet to check if I'm ok. Does anyone care anymore? Do they care if I'm ok?

I knew I was worrying too much, but I can't help it. I kept sobbing. My mind was spinning.

I finally started to stop crying. My pillow was soaked, but I didn't mind. I needed rest. I put in my earbuds and started up my 'Calming Jams' playlist.

The first song that came up was 'Migraine' by Twenty One Pilots. Migraine's meaning really relates to my thoughts at the moment. The song to me is about warning you that something in the world is wrong, and something is wrong in the world currently. Abby and I aren't friends.

Jack's Pov

I was on stage in front of yet another huge crowd. Charlotte was on my mind alot today. I haven't seen her since she left us to put her presents in the tour bus.

She's been on the bus all day. I hope she's ok. The boys and I didn't get time to take a break from rehearsing at all. Once this concert is over, I'm going straight for the tour bus.

Finishing our final song a little while ago, the concert was now completely over. As I was just about to leave the venue and go to the tour bus, someone stopped me.

"Jack!" I heard Zach's voice come closer to me. "Abby is gone. We don't know where she is. Her mom just saw her run out the door and now she's gone. We need to find her"

"Ok ok. I'll check the tour bus" I tell him. I ran onto the tour bus, opening the small curtain that was covering Charlotte. She was asleep, facing the wall. I gently nudged her until she woke up.

"Charlotte? Are you ok?" I ask. She moves her body to face me. Her eyes were all swollen red, probably from crying. She wasn't ok.

She jumped down from her bunk. Not even a second later I pulled her in for a hug. "What's wrong?" I ask. She didn't answer.

"Abby went missing. Zach told me she ran away, we need to find her"

Charlotte let go of me, her emotion changing from sad to worried. We left the tour bus, already knowing Abby wasn't inside with us anyway.

We checked everywhere in the venue, nearby streets, and places, nothing. She wasn't anywhere.

We took a little break from looking, sitting quietly on the curb, until Zach found us. He didn't look happy, which made both Charlotte and I both very upset.

Charlotte's Pov

"Charlotte? Are you ok?" I hear Jack say as he nudges me. I turn to face him, knowing my face looked like I cried for hours, which was the truth.

I felt a little bit better. Sleeping helped. I jumped down from my bunk, getting pulled into a hug. Jack's hugs were very comforting. They made me feel like I was free, in a different world.

"Abby went missing. Zach told me she ran away, we need to find her" I hear Jack say.

I pull away from our hug, getting worried. Although we were still in a fight, I needed her in my life. Jack and I left the tour bus and started looking. Literally everywhere.

With no luck, we took a break on a nearby curb in silence. The silence lasted only a few minutes. Zach came running up to us with tears. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

"A-Abby got hit" Zach stuttered. "A drunk d-driver hit her. I-I saw it with my own eyes. It was terrif-fying."

My heart sank. My best friend in the whole world, is severely injured. She got hit by an idiot.

I stood up. I was about to break down crying, but instead I sprinted in the direction Zach came from, which directly leaded me to red and blue flashes.

My heart started beating very fast while my breathing got heavier. I was having a panic attack. My eyes were looking everywhere, until I saw Abby. Her arm was nothing but blood and ripped skin.

All I did was stare as my panic attack grew worse. I ran up to the nearest wall, seeing Jack and Zach coming towards me. I pounded my fist into the wall, having a mental breakdown.

"Why?! Why is my life like this!" I screamed. People heard. I didn't care. I felt someone pull me away from the wall. I stopped everything and let whoever was on me take over. They pulled me into their chest. It was Jack.

I didn't let go. It felt like we were hugging each other forever until Zach made us get into the tour bus so we could meet Abby and her mom at the hospital.

(A/N - I wanna know what you're thinking right now after just reading this.. Please feel free to comment!) *sorry for any incorrect spelling*