First day of camp

(Y/n) POV

My dreams were jolted once more, the sound of my door creases open as my mother pokes her head through. "Good morning sweet pea, get ready for dance camp!" she exclaims, you shuffle in bed groggily.

"Okay, mom. I'm awake", you yawn.

I get out of my bed and went to my closet and packed for 3 months of clothes. When I was done, I took my luggage out of my room and putting it near the front door. I see my mom making me some on-the-go breakfast with a strawberry-banana smoothie in the kitchen. She notices me and hands the quick breakfast into my arms. "I love you oh so much," she says before her eyes travel to the oven's clock. "You need to go to the bus stop now sweetie, I'm sorry to rush you, but you need to go to dancing camp now!" your mother comments hastily, sneaking in a quick hug.

"Alright, mom. Love you too. And I'll have fun there." I assure, walking out of the front door.

"Don't forget to text me when you get there!", I hear my mother add quickly before she disappears back into the house.

"Sounds good!", I yell back as my shoes drag me towards the bus stop.

---

An old and raggedly yellow bus arrives at the stop moments later. It's doors squeak open, revealing an old man at the steering wheel holding a clipboard.

"And you must be here for... dance camp, I'm assuming?", he asks, clicking his pen in one hand. I nod my head.

"Yes, (y/n) (l/n)?", I confirm softly, the elderly man skimmed the clipboard briefly before nodding to himself, checking off a box on one of the sheets.

"Yep, you're on my list. Go and take a seat"

I stepped onto the bus, but to my surprise, there was nobody else on so far. I shrugged it off, 'maybe I am the first one on the bus', I thought to myself. I took a seat and stuck my headphones into my ears. I automatically played my favorite tunes from Spotify as I stared out the window, watching my town disappear behind me.

---

At some point, I fell asleep because I woke up to the bus driver hitting the screeching brakes. I jolted forward, hitting the seat in front of me quite roughly to my dismay. Soon after, I grabbed my stuff and stepped off the bus. Immediately I was greeted by a happy-looking, green-eyed redheaded man.

"Hi, my name is David and welcome to camp, (y/n)!", he beams.

"Hi, David," I greet back with a little wave.

"Since you're new here, (Y/n), I have a great tour of this wonderful camp set just for you!", David excitedly announces. He picked my luggage up with ease and told me to follow him.

A few minutes later, we arrive at a set of cabins. He leads me up to one of them with an extra skip in his pace.

"Here is your tent! You'll be staying here for the rest of camp" David explains, opening up the doorway for me to walk in.

"Thanks, David," I mumble timidly as I grab my luggage and walk in the tent.

"You're very welcome (y/n)"

We make our way back to the entrance of the camp, this time with less than full arms.

"This is the mess hall where we eat and make arts and crafts when it's raining. Behind it is the quartermaster store and right here is campe diem the flagpole", David explains. He immediately salutes to it right after.

"And that's the activity field, where we do activities and such. And over here is lake lilac! Sometimes we swim there or ride boats!"

By this point, David was running everywhere to show me what the camp has. I was starting to lose my breath by the time a boy in a blue hoodie appeared. He had strikingly green eyes and a mob of black curly hair. He gave my redhead tour guide a look.

"Ok, David that's enough for her today," the odd boy implies, pointing towards my slightly panting form. "Look at her, shes worn out and exhausted because of you now". David looks back over at you oblivious, but you can tell he notices your increase in breathing.

"Yeah, Max, I know. But I love when we have new campers!" David joyfully insists. Max gives him an unimpressed stare.

"Yad, yad, whatever, David," Max looks back over at me, "I'm taking..."

"(Y/n)", you fill in quickly.

"(Y/n)! I'm taking (Y/n) to eat what the quartermaster made for us today," Max snapped. "Let's go (y/n)"

You blink as the boy drags you towards the mess hall.