viii.

ϟ"Sometimes you've got to do what you think is right,

ϟ
"Sometimes you've got to do what you think is right,

And damn the consequences"

- Ben Vanstone (Morgana: Merlin: The Poisoned Chalice)
ϟ

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Bellamy had woken up Charlotte and now was going to Atlas. He bends down and gently shakes her arm, making her squirm. Her face is scrunched up in a painful expression, beads of sweat already collected at her hairline.

"Atlas, wake up," Bellamy whispers, trying to ease the girl awake.

He goes to reach for her shoulder another time but his wrist is sharply grabbed. His eye fly up to Atlas, seeing hers widened and heavy breaths falling past her lips.

"Hey, it's okay." Bellamy shushes, knowing Atlas was waking up from a nightmare.

She regains her breath, looking around the cave. Relief floods her system and she removes her hand from Bellamy's wrist. She wordlessly gets up and gives Bellamy a tiny smile that was hard to see, but Bellamy got it.

"Hey, Charlie. How are you doing?" Atlas coos, wanting to be gentle. She understood what nightmares were like. She knew them better than anyone else.

Charlotte nods, giving Atlas a smile. "Better."

The two girls walk over to Bellamy, seeing him waiting. "I'll go check," Atlas says, her feet guiding her to the cave opening.

"Wait, stop-"

Bellamy goes to grab her arm but she pulls away before he can get ahold of anything.

"We're all good," Atlas calls out.

Bellamy and Charlotte come up behind her. Bellamy looks around the area, trying to see if any other campers are near. "Anybody out here? Jones?"

"We're here!" A voice calls back. The group of three meets up with the others. Atlas does a quick head count, checking to see if everyone was there. Her heart clenches as she realizes who's still missing.

"Lost you in the stew. Where'd you go?" Bellamy asks, wondering where the others had found safety.

"Made it to a cave down there." John points behind him, the others nodding along with his statement.

Bellamy nods, looking around before his eyes settle on the sky. "The hell was that?"

Jones shrugs, "I don't know."