thirteen.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
( GOOD LUCK. )

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐❛ you can tell howdangerous a personis by the way theyhold their anger insidethemselves quietly

❛ you can tell how
dangerous a person
is by the way they
hold their anger inside
themselves quietly. ❜
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"SAGE?" Sweet Pea asked, resting his hand on the girls forearm. She snapped out of her daze, turning to look at her friend over the bar table. "Sorry," she blinked rapidly. "What were you saying?"

"I asked if you're ready," He replied, turning over his shoulder to look at FP. He was standing by a pool table, staring at Sage expectingly. "FP's waiting."

Sage let out a breath as she followed Sweet Pea's gaze. She nodded, mainly to herself, before slipping off of the bar stool. Before she could walk away, Sweet Pea grabbed her elbow. Turning, Sage met his gaze. "Good luck." He murmured, rubbing his thumb over the girls skin.

She sent Sweet Pea a small reassuring smile over her shoulder before she walked towards FP.

As she passed her father, she could feel his gaze burning into her skin. They still hadn't talked to each other from the previous night.

The bar grew silent as the man spoke. "You ready for the second part of your initiation?" He asked briskly, to which the girl nodded confidently. She swallowed the nervous lump in her throat before she arched her back, making herself look bigger. She was ready.

"What is the first law?" FP's voice grew louder as his face inches towards hers. Sage replied without hesitation; "No serpent stands alone."

FP took another step forward. "What is the second law?"

He was teetering in the edge of talking and yelling at this point. Sage rose her brow challengingly. "If a serpent is killed or imprisoned, their family will be taken care of."

"What is the third law?"

She could feel his spit against her cheek.

"A serpent never sheds its skin!"

"What is the fourth law?" He was screaming in her face now. FP has a wild look in his eyes as he was inches from Sage's skin.

"No serpent is left for dead!" Sage screamed back, balling her fists together. Respect flashed across FP's eyes for a split second which made the girls confidence soar.

"What is the FIFTH LAW?"

"A SERPENT NEVER BETRAYS OR HARMS THEIR OWN!"