three.

CHAPTER THREE.
( I'M JUST FULL OF SURPRISES. )

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐❛ have you ever seen hellin someone's eyes and loved it anyway? ❜└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

❛ have you ever seen hell
in someone's eyes and
loved it anyway? ❜
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

( one week later )

THE WHYTE WYRM smelled of cigarette smoke, leather, and vodka. A scent that was, unfortunately, not new to her senses. The sounds of glass hitting another rang through her ears as she shoved open the small wooden doors to the bar. The loud and buzzing voices around her seemed to drown out as everyone's eyes laid on her.

She strode forward, her tight black jeans clinging to her long legs as she did so. She kept her eyes straight ahead, only focusing on the array of liquor bottles behind the bar stand.

She needed a drink.

She slid her rear onto a thin barstool, resting her elbows on the counter as she ignored the wide-eyed, lustful looks aimed her way. Toni rested her chin in her hands, smiling at the girl with a mischievous glint. "Are you lost, Sage?" Toni joked, but Sage only shook her head.

"Unfortunately, I am not," she arched her back as she sat comfortably in her chair. "Give me a shot, Spacebuns." Toni's brows climbed up her forehead as she listened to the order. Without hesitation, she began pouring the teenage girl a shot.

"So, if you're not lost, what're you doin' here?" Toni kept the conversation alive, watching as Sage downed the shot immediately. She pushed the glass towards Toni, silently asking for another one. Toni obliged.

The liquid burned down her throat as she drank it quickly, but she enjoyed the familiar feeling. She felt her mind buzz at the sudden ingestion of the beverage, but Sage shook her head. "I'm meeting someone. I also wanted a drink from one of my favorite bars."

"Damn, girl, you might wanna slow down," Toni snorted as Sage took another shot. "Or don't," she yanked the shot glass away from the blonde . "It's surprising to hear you've been to the Whyte Wyrm before." Sage shrugged, licking the excess whiskey off of her lips.

"I'm just full of surprises, Toni."

Sweet Pea had finally shot the 8ball in, winning the game of pool as well as twenty dollars when he noticed a glint of blonde hair. He straightened his back, his knuckles gripping the pool stick tightly as he instantly recognized the golden tresses. And as he looked towards Toni, the girl taunted him with dirty wink. He watched with beady eyes as Toni absentmindedly flirted, ghosting her fingers over Sage's bare shoulder. Sweet Pea growled under his breath, shoving the pool stick onto the table in jealousy.

He had told Toni all about his small obsession with the blonde; he recalled sitting on Toni's worn-down couch as he held his head in his hand. "What the fuck is up with me, Topaz? She's just some girl." Toni had slapped her hand over his shoulder jokingly.