four.

CHAPTER FOUR.
( SHUT THE HELL UP. )

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐❛ like a black rose, her darkness was beautifullyF A T A L

❛ like a black rose, her
darkness was beautifully
F A T A L. ❜
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

SHE TOWERED OVER THE GRAVE, her vision blurry and her hands shaking. She kneeled down to touch the small tombstone, running her fingers alone the carved letters.

Rest In Peace,
Katheryn Stheno Gorgon
( the mighty )
1994 - 2017

A symbol of a double headed snake slithering over a wilting rose had also been indented into the stone.

She refused to cry.

Her eyes burned and her throat ached but she kept herself together, for the sake of her sister.

FP and Sweet Pea sat on a rusted bench underneath a large oak tree. The silence became deafening to the teenage boy, so he decided to speak out of confusion. "I might sound ignorant asking this, but what's she have to do with Stheno?"

FP let out a long sigh. He decided it would be best if at least one teen knew about the gorgon sisters. "That's her sister." FP explained, watching as Sweet Pea's mouth dropped open in shock. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the grieving girl, but his attention was soon brought back to FP as the man cleared his throat. He shook his head at Sweet Pea — a silent order to keep his eyes away from her.

"I thought Stheno didn't have any living relatives." Sweet Pea argued, and FP held his hand up to silence him. The boy's mouth shut tight.

"That's what we told you kids," he ran a hand over his face. "So you'd believe Stheno was just another serpent. Turns out, she was anything but."

Sweet Pea couldn't stop the overflow of words to fall from his lips. "Why would it matter if she had a damn sister?" FP sent a sharp glare his way.

"Sorry." The boy muttered, dropping his head. FP leaned his back against the bench. He stared ahead at the tombstone, his face growing somber. He could practically feel Sage's pain as he watched the girl choke on her salty tears. Hell, it even made the man shed a few.

Sweet Pea sat silently, unsure of what to do in the situation he was in. He awkwardly placed a hand on the man's shoulder, which seemed to comfort him a small amount. He sniffed, wiping his tears quickly. He looked to the side to see Sweet Pea looking at his very own hand attached to the leader's shoulder.