eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT.
( I'LL STILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. )

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐❛ every time I lookinto her eyes, I feel scared and safe all at the same time

❛ every time I look
into her eyes, I feel
scared and safe all
at the same time. ❜
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

SAGE ABSENTMINDEDLY TRACED HER FINGERS along the lace detailing of her underwear, her eyes trained on the bright screen of her laptop. She was completely engulfed in the show she was currently watching, which was probably why she didn't hear Sweet Pea knock at her front door.

Sweet Pea isn't a very patient person, so it was no surprise when he let himself in. His heavy footsteps sounded through the almost empty house. As he ascended up the stairs, he could hear the full volume of the girl's computer.

Sweet Pea grabbed at the door handle, creeping it open slightly to see Sage sprawled, on her stomach, staring intently at her laptop as the bright colors danced in her eyes. He looked at the clothing that was attached to her body; a thin black tank top rode up her stomach, revealing lacy maroon panties joined to her hips. Her hair hung loosely — and messily — around her face, framing it perfectly.

The girl laughed along at a joke when Sweet Pea finally found the courage to knock on the girl's half open door. The action caused Sage to shriek and jump off of her bed, her fingers flying to her bedside table where she flipped open her mossy green butterfly knife.

Sweet Pea held his hands up in surrender, slowly walking — more like stumbling — into the girl's room. "Holy fucking shit, Sweet Pea!" Sage scolded. She put her knife back onto her table before she stormed up to him. She shoved his shoulders roughly, but jokingly at the same time.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Breaking into people's houses and sneaking into their rooms?" She spun on her heel and instantly shut her blaring computer. "I could have fucking killed you, you big idiot!"

Sweet Pea couldn't hide the smirk from his lips. "Mhm," he drawled, his eyes dragging along Sage's barely clothed frame. He slowly walked to the edge of her bed, sitting on it, causing the cushion to dip down. "I'm sure you could've."

Sage slapped him upside the head, reaching for her blanket to cover her half naked body. "What the hell are you doing here, anyway?" She muttered. Sweet Pea scoffed before leaning towards her, opening up her computer to see what she was watching.

"I came to apologize," he hiccuped, and clicked the 'resume' button, instantly recognizing the celebrity faces moving along the screen. "I didn't take you for a Breaking Bad kind of girl." He leaned on his elbow, looking up to Sage. She ignored the latter comment.

"Apologize for what?" She was confused, and made sure he knew it. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"I didn't mean it when I said... fuck you, earlier," he murmured, somewhat shy. Sage looked from her computer down to his raven hair, then to his glossed over browns. "I mean, like, in the offensive way. And like, I'm sorry about everything else."