seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN.
( JEALOUS THAT'S NOT
YOU, GOLDILOCKS? )

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐❛ i will let you drag me to hellif it means you'll hold my H A N D

❛ i will let you drag me to hell
if it means you'll hold my
H A N D. ❜
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"SHE WHAT?" FP snarled, slamming the side of his fist against his door frame as he listened to Sage. He looked at the two severed fingers wrapped in a cloth, knitting his eyebrows together in disgust. "She wasn't supposed to come so soon." He murmured, a sharp contrast in sound to how he previously yelled. He looked... scared. Worried, even.

"I know, FP," Sage reasoned, reaching out to touch his arm. "But at least it's over. All we have to do is bring those," she pointed to the slowly decaying fingers. "To Malachai." Sage watched as a FP let out a soft sigh. He nodded before wrapping the fingers back and shoving them into his pockets.

"That son of a bitch," FP muttered, scratching the scruff of his beard. He sent Sage a protective glance. "Let's go."

The House of the Dead was, above all things, cold. Goosebumps danced on the girl's skin as she descended down the stairs, keeping an arm hooked around Sweet Pea's bicep for support. She didn't like the uneasy feeling swirling in the bottom of her stomach, and Sage knew, from experience, to trust her gut.

She could almost taste the violence in the air as she walked.

As the two teens followed FP through a long corridor, they were met with a plethora of red lights and smoke clouds. Ghoulies sat along couches, puffing at their blunts, snorting lines, and even consuming a hard drug that Sage instantly recognized — jingle jangle. The girl cringed at the sight.

They walked along another narrow hall, and Sage couldn't help but peek inside through some of the open doors they passed. Shock made its way onto her face as she looked straight into a room where two Ghoulies were, quite literally, hooking up, and she heard a chuckle from beside her. She looked up to see Sweet Pea hiding a smirk.

"Jealous that's not you, Goldilocks?"

Sage grumbled, elbowing the teen in the stomach. Sweet Pea stifled a laugh, biting his lip as he walked a little faster to catch up with FP, Sage still attached to his arm. He enjoyed the feeling of her hands gripping onto his muscles, and he felt his nerves twitch in a certain form of excitement. He looked down at the blonde, seeing her eyeing each room warily. Her eyes danced around the hall, and Sweet Pea caught the glint of her eyes under the red lights.