Transitions and Tranactions of the 3rd Kind

Alan Portsby's POV

We stood in front of the Exelon with Andros, Leopold and Paul as the sleek shuttle craft from the Dominion descended in the middle of the Fort.
A swirling cloud of dust enveloped the craft and we all waited until the dust settled down naturally.

The door opened and Captain Drecher was the first one to disembark. He was dressed formally in his dark dress blues, white shirt, a pair of golden emblems with his rank prominently displayed on his flight cap. He was followed by an entourage of the Colony's Advisory Council. They numbered 12 all in all.

Most of them were there to collect the scientific data my crew had accumulated over the last month and talk to our scientists one on one.

We were dressed in our dark brown soft camo outfits. Far less formal than the Colonist's to be sure but since it was almost never worn they looked surprisingly clean and sharp.

Captain Drecher smiled with a respectful
nod to acknowledge each of us in turn and shook Andro's hand politely as his photographer captured the moment for the official record of the meeting.

"Welcome to Tau Ceti! We're glad you arrived safely and agreed to this meeting." I heard Andros say aloud.

"Hello Andros I've heard a lot about you. I'm glad to finally meet you in person. I believe we were both connected to the Phobos reconstruction project. Was it three or four years back?"

"Five years." Andros corrected him.

"Well, I'm eager to find out about what you've found here on Tau Ceti Prime. I heard there's a little glitch."

"Little glitch? Is that what Redlands calls it? That's not exactly the term I would use."

"They were very vague. Said you'd bring me up to date when I got here."

"Yes,  but let's get inside. My scientists are working and your people can meet up with their counterparts. I'd like to talk with you in private without the cameras and recorders."

He nodded unsure why anything should be secret.

As they walked inside I saw Andros motion for me to call Barkley.

"Jason Barkley please meet us at the lobby" I relayed through the Comm.

"On my way Mr Portsby." he replied.

After formal introductions were made the scientists were handed over to Barkley who happily guided the visitors to the labs where the rest of the crew usually kept busy with their work. There was a virtual mountain of data they had collected and were eager to pass on."

Durante was making the rounds getting everyone's personal links to compile a contact sheet for the questions that always came up weeks and sometimes months afterwards.

In the confusion I could see Andros lead the way to his office as Drecher followed with his chief of security following closely behind.

I rushed to get in the door before it closed behind them as Andros waved for me to join them.

Loosening his top shirt button Andros threw his hat onto his desk and switched the overhead lights on.

"Please make yourself at home Mr. Drecher. I'd offer you a drink but we had an unexpected purging event and my liquor cabinet was one of the casualties."

Drecher loosened his tie and took a seat by the desk while his Security Officer- Walters remained alert standing against a wall. His eyes would make a sweep of the room every fifteen seconds from side to side looking for anything or anyone unusual.