Blackmail

"Get some rest Bruce!" Dick beamed. Tossing his leg over the seat, a quirky salute, and soon Nightwing disappeared back to Bludhaven. Bruce smiled after him returning to the lonely Batcave. Damian and Alfred were sound asleep in the house above, so he wouldn't be disturbed for a little while. Stripping his tattered cape with a yawn, Bruce made his way towards the armory for another suit. It took him longer than anticipated to change as his slow groggy body decided it was an appropriate time to run out of adrenaline. The caped crusader merely grunted and hobbled towards the Cave zeta-tube.

"Recognized Batman 02" Stated the computer voice and soon the Cave disappeared. Opening his heavy eyes to the Watchtower platform, Batman tottered towards the conference room. He and Nightwing had just finished a case involving a team up of the Riddler and Hugo Strange. Minds like that took a lot out of Bruce as it was, but this case turned into five days, five whole days of no sleep. Not anticipating this, c'mon he's not perfect, a JL meeting was scheduled. So there the Batman shuffled clumsily into the conference room seeming half dead even with the new suit. He took his place at the table and immediately phased out. The phasing out was still hard to maintain. As time passed, slowly, but surly, his eyelids began to slip. Soon thereafter they closed with his evened breathes. He sat there like that for a very long time, past the meeting, and past his monitor duty. Little did he know of the two figures that lurked in the shadows beyond, slowly advancing.

"You have something to say Flash?" Batman questioned bitterly. Ever since the meeting two days ago JL members had begun staring at him more oddly than usual. He would catch them stifling laughter while quickly shoving their phones away. Bruce had half the mind to hack into them, but Flash seemed a faster option. He was the worst, he didn't even try to hide the laughter. Advancing upon the speedster Bruce used his 'Batvoice' on him, which only seemed to aggravate the laughter.

"Ask Diana." Wally was able to form between laughing fits. The Scarlet Speedster ran away barely able to keep upright. Batman just growled to himself. He headed towards the monitor room knowing that the Amazon Princess would be there on duty.

"Hey Batman! You have a second?" Superman passed him on the way.

"No." The Dark Knight rumbled. "I need to talk to Diana." At this the Kryptonian's face turned bright red and he began to fidget.

"uh...uh...yeah you uh...do that Bruce...I um, I actually have to go!" In a blur he was gone.

"Superman!" Batman hollered after him. He rubbed his temples. Whatever game they were playing they were going to pay dearly.

Arriving in the spacious screen filled room, Batman found Diana gazing up towards the stars one eye on the Watchtower controls. She turned at his entrance a bright smile on her face.
"Diana." Bruce ground out. "What did you do?" Diana's smile widened at this.

"Hmm, what is it that you accuse me of?" She chuckled. Batman swiveled his cape around stalking towards her.

"What?" He emphasized. "Did you do?" Wonder Woman clasped her hand over her mouth barely masking the grin.

"I might, perhaps, have been selling pictures." With a tap of her finger an image popped onto the main monitor. Batman nearly choked at the sight. It was a picture of him during the meeting. He was fast asleep and a very noticeable streak of drool on his chin. Behind him stood Clark and Diana both forming a mock impression of his ears. The Amazon clearly held the camera as a selfie and decided to use her extra hand to emphasize his drool. Turning away Batman glared at the princess visibly shaking.

"Delete it."

"Hmm, I think not." Diana purred. "There is a price."

"What...price." Bruce growled. Diana's grin turned very mischievous at this. She reclined back in her seat taking great enjoyment of the situation.

"The price." She bit her lip. "The price is this. You must say "Diana, I love you."

"Wha-"

"Nuh uh." She shook her finger. "Say it and it will be gone from everyone." He really did not like the way she smiled. She knew he knew, she had him. Clenching his fist Batman erected himself.

"Diana." She leaned forward as he started. Bruce sighed, slumping his shoulders as he resigned himself to his fate. "Diana, I love you." The kiss after was his idea. 

THE END