JL Christmas Party at Wayne Manor

Alfred pulled the turkey from the oven. He breathed in the fresh scent sighing in satisfaction. Before placing the tray on the stove, the front door rang. Taking off the oven mittens he hastened to the door.

"Heya Jeeves!" Wally West stood outside tightly wrapped in a large coat and holding several pies. "Am I late?" He asked allowing himself in.

"On the contrary, you are early."

"Woah, that never happens." The red head laughed looking around for the kitchen. Alfred shut the door, keeping the December air out of the house, and ushered his guest to the living room. 

"So, where's Bruce?" Wally inquired handing off his coat.

"Master Bruce is currently on patrol but will return shortly." Alfred took the pies heading towards the kitchen. "Dinner will be served once everyone arrives."

"Man, I'm so hungry I could eat a buffalo." The front door rang again. "I'll get it!" Wally rushed back swinging the large oak open to reveal Clark, Diana, and J'onn.

"Merry Christmas!" Clark beamed. The three of them trudged in carrying several bags and platters of food.

"Happy holidays Wally." Diana undid her coat placing it on the rack with the rest of theirs. She gazed passed him frowning. "Where's Bruce?"

"Master Bruce is currently on patrol." Alfred suddenly appeared making Wally jump. He took the bags and the pie in Clark's hand.

"It's ma's pie!" Clark exclaimed. "And here, let me take some of that." He followed Alfred back to the kitchen. Diana, J'onn, and Wally made their way to the lounge settling in the cushions. They sat there in silence, feeling very awkward. Diana swore she saw Wally speed around the house several times but continued twiddling her thumbs.

"Is it not customary-" J'onn suddenly spoke up. "-for the host to be present when his guests arrive?" Wally laughed at that.

"It is, but we're talking about Bats here."

"I do wish he could take one night of rest." Diana sighed

"Yeah well, he better get here soon, I'm starving!" The speedster flumped down on the couch beside her with a huff. Diana smiled sympathetically towards him.

"Perhaps we should help the process further and head to the kitchen?" J'onn suggested.

"Hey everyone!" Clark's voice abruptly hollered from the hall. "I hear the car coming in from the cave. He's here so we can eat!" Wally hadn't run that fast in a very long time.

Bruce laid another sample on the flask peering into the microscope. Coming out of the car he hadn't bothered to remove the cowl and immediately set to work. Bruce had been working tirelessly for the past three weeks to get this sample and a new burst of determination bubbled up inside. Setting a new flask in, footsteps could be heard coming near.

"What is it Alfred?" Bruce deadpanned, still gazing into the microscope.

"Sir, your guests have arrived and are patiently awaiting your presence." There was a hint of condescendence which made Bruce look up. What did he forget now?

"Guests? I don't recall inviting anyone..."

"Your Christmas Eve party sir, with the founding members of the Justice League." Alfred informed with a cock of his head. Bruce inwardly groaned.