Chapter Eight

I read the next entry to make sure I'm not missing anything. I search for the earliest entries I could find.

January 3rd, 2018
I'm getting creepy vibes from inside my own house. Every time I walk in, I feel like something has been messed with or someone went in my room. It's kind of scary. I'm probably just being paranoid. But if I am, for what reason do I have to be paranoid for?

Now I'm getting chills. I look around me and then continue to read the next entry.

January 22nd, 2018
I don't know what to do. I keep hearing clicks. Am I going crazy? I can't find anything that's causing some clicking noise. I don't know what the hell it is! I'm too afraid to tell anyone because I feel like they'll call me crazy. I just hope it goes away soon.

I read the next.

January 25th, 2018
Now I'm really terrified. It's 8 p.m. at night and I heard the click again while I was brushing my teeth. I looked in the direction of the noise to find nothing. Strangely enough, my window was open. Did I leave it open?

A chill runs up and down my spine. This is getting too much for me. I don't feel safe here. I close the notebook. I'm taking this with me to read it. I rush out of the room, and down the steps. My heart stops for a split second when I see the wooden box. I exhale sharply when I remind myself why it's there. I grab the box and head out.

~

I shut the door and lock it. I walk towards my office and step in. That scared the shit out of me. Why is everything so damn scary? I sit down at my desk, placing the box and notebook in front of me. I open the notebook, and read where I left off.

January 27th, 2018
I saw something black fly passed my window. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen. It literally made bolt out of my room when I saw it in the reflection of my dresser mirror. It was dark outside so I couldn't really tell who it was. I totally freaked out and locked everything in the house. I hope it was nothing but a bird. I'm going to sleep, goodnight.

I read the next entry.

January 28th, 2018
I keep hearing things. I don't know if there's something really out there. I have everything locked in the house, so I'm pretty sure I should be safe. What if I'm just paranoid? What if it's just an animal? I'm actually really scared right now. I should probably go to Canada's house and

That's it. It stops right there. I think this is the day America got taken away. This entry disturbs me the most. Did someone take him while he wrote it? Is that why it got cut off? I wonder if I missed anything else...
I stare at the wooden box. I put down the notebook and open up the box. I pick up the photos and start to shuffle through them to see if I missed anything. In one particular photo, I notice something on the back. It's another photo. I stare at the picture. It's a picture of Russia, America, and Japan. I notice that the corner of the photo is bent. Out of curiosity, I start to peel the photo off of the other photo.

I'm surprised to hear a ripping sound. It sounds like paper. It's odd, because these pictures aren't made out of paper. I look at the back of the photo to see if I tore anything. I'm shocked to find letters on the photo. I can't quite make out what it's saying because there's notebook paper stuck to the back of it. Did someone glue these two photos together on purpose? I can see the word 'it's' and the letter 'm' on the back of the photo. I try to scratch away the notebook paper, but it only makes it worse. What does the message even say? I can't make heads or tails of it. I turn the photo over and stare at trio again. I stare at Russia.

Could he have something to do with this? America did mention him in his journal. I quickly stand up. There's no other option. It had to have been Russia. If he was weirding America out from the start, then there's no way it couldn't have been him. He could've been planning to kidnap him from the very beginning. Well, Ivan Braginsky. You have succeeded in doing it. But you're done. I'm getting him back. I grab the photos and shove them in my jacket pocket. I'll use these against him if he tries to deny it. I rip out the entries mentioning Russia's staring and put them in my pocket. It's time. I finally found the culprit.