Chapter 5: Messed up

It was 9 o'clock, when Yeri's alarm went off. She opened her eyes, but didn't really feel like waking up. She couldn't sleep the other night after all. Turning left and right on her bed, throwing her blanket and then pulling it back again. It has been a struggling night for her.

She then took a look at the bed next to hers. Sooyoung was nowhere to be found. Did she even sleep in their room after the yesterday night's incident? Where was she anyway? Yeri got worried, but tried to convince herself otherwise. Of course she didn't care about the girl. It was all a part of her mischievous plan. However, it seemed that the plan of seducing Joy didn't take much effort, since Joy by herself drew the blonde into a passionate kiss, out of a sudden. Yeri's confidence was especially high that morning, no matter the awkwardness she was about to feel, coming across the brunette.

Suddenly, the bedroom's door opened.

"Kid, are you coming? We're having breakfast and then you're getting ready for our recording." It was Irene.

Yeri nodded and got up quickly. She needed to dress up and face the day. How bad could it be. It was just a kiss, right? She picked up her favorite pair of black jeans and a white crop top from the closet she shared with her roommate. And her weapons? They were still in her suitcase, well-hidden from the "public eye". Some guarantees to make another girl group disband by the end of the year.

As the time went by, Yeri felt the need to execute Park Sooyoung as fast as possible. It would be easier for her. The more she interacted with her, the more difficult it would get. No, Kim Yerim wasn't feeling soft towards any of these girls, but just a little sympathy for her target. Totally natural, even for a cold-hearted killer like her. She would get over it soon. It helped thinking about her actual prize. Those sweet 20.000.000¥ from YG Entertainment. A human soul meant nothing in front of such a rewarding payment.

***

The girls were inside the recording studio at the SM building. So far, Yeri wasn't left alone with Joy. She was afraid that their first interaction after the kiss would be extra awkward. The young girl didn't really know how to feel about that "special encounter" of theirs.

"Okay, Seulgi, shall we record your part first?" the vocal coach said.

"Sure." the girl said and entered the recording booth along with Irene.

"Do you really need to-"

"I'm feeling more confident." Seulgi interrupted Wendy. It was really funny how this girl would always stick to Irene and the other way around. A true couple.

There was a couch outside the booth, where Joy, Wendy and Yeri were sitting, waiting for their turn. They looked both nervous and excited about their lines. Such an amazing song indeed. Their vocals would surely make it a top hit.

"Do I have any time? I need to grab some coffee." Wendy got up from the couch. The atmosphere was now more awkward than ever. Yeri was finally left alone with Joy and nobody was around to help the situation.

"Joy..." Yeri initiated a conversation.

"I know what you're about to say, Yeri." the girl said quickly. "It won't happen again. It was just a stupid kiss."

"Oh, okay." Yeri showed her disappointment. She looked her unnie in her eyes and said: "Because... I kind of liked it."

"You what?"