Chapter Fourteen

Warning: slightly mature content ahead meant for mature audiences only.

•Lust of Innocence•

It was far past dusk when Big Hit was lively with the interior shining brightly from the outside, due to the noticeable lighting with red undertones. However, the lights outside are turned off, notifying by passers that the club was not open for business at the moment, but for a separate occasion meant for specific individuals. The music was very light with regular pop songs playing at a low tone meant for the guests to keep their conversations flowing without much interruption.

A few days prior, Boss Man-nim was ecstatic with the finished product of the renovations, so he decided that the night before the relaunch, he would throw a small cocktail party meant for the employees and the volunteers. To put it in simple terms, it was a celebration of thanks and to show how grateful he was for their hard work. It was meant to be a semi-formal event, so he specified that the guests' attire be the slightest bit fancy, which no one argued with. He also figured this was a good way to get the volunteers to become regular customers to his club. Everything was a business move for the man.

That's how Jimin decided to pick up his girlfriend to attend the party since this was the first time they would be going to a public gathering as an official couple. The man wanted to relish in the feeling of walking into a party with his close friends knowing he and Nari were an item... but he also wanted to show Joohyuk that she's off limits. He didn't hold back in making himself noticeably handsome with his simple white button-up and black slacks. It looked as if he didn't put in much effort, but it wasn't even required. Jimin felt as if he made the right decision to wear neutral colors since Nari wore a black dress that ended a few centimeters above her knees with the chest and long sleeves being sheer, showing the most skin he's ever seen on her at that point.

The party was going smoothly, though Namjoon was irritated that Boss Man-nim demanded he make drinks behind the bar while off the clock, meaning he wasn't getting paid for his efforts... but someone had to make the cocktails. The employees and volunteers were scattered about, enjoying the vibes of the interior and music, as well as the free alcohol. Yoongi had been keeping Namjoon company at the bar, leaning back in his seat with his arm resting on the bar-top and people-watching, occasionally taking a sip of his whiskey sour. He preferred observing others as opposed to socializing with them, so this type of gathering fit his personality just fine. Besides, he took pity on Namjoon for working without pay.

Taehyung had been jumping from person to person, making jokes and forming new bonds with ease while Seokjin stuck by one of the female volunteers, making her occasionally giggle with his smooth talking and obvious dorkiness. Jungkook stood, wearing a black blazer with a dark blue satin shirt underneath, and the top button undone to show off his collarbones and a bit of his chest, radiating maturity. With the way his hair was parted and the way he presented himself, his aura was different and the confidence that was bottled within him showed. Nari took notice of how he was talking so casually with Eunjae, and smiled to herself because there was such a change within him lately, and this was a good example of it.

Jimin had been standing with the girl, his hand on her mid-back, laughing at something Hoseok had said to him. Gradually, his hand slid down ever so slowly, making its final rest on the her lower back, which Nari noticed, but chose to act oblivious to. As the three conversed, Taehyung stopped by to speak to Hoseok about something work-related, causing Hoseok's attention to be directed towards his other junior and not to the couple in front of him. Jimin glanced at his girlfriend, whom was looking around at the interior and marveling over how sophisticated it looked for a strip club.

Leaning close to her, Jimin let his warm breath fan over her ear for a moment, which caused the girl to pause her wandering eyes as he whispered, "That dress looks beautiful on you." The smooth way he spoke with trace amounts of huskiness, as well as the warmth of his breath made her shiver on the spot.