Chapter 53: So, what's the plan?

Start from the beginning

"No one ever told me about Henry, but I knew that my brother was up to something. He always left around eight at night and returned during the early hours of the next day. Mason, James and Nick were always with him, but none of them wanted me to know what they were doing. Then, few years after that, I was kidnapped," Tristan tenses when I say this.

"These men in masks just randomly scooped me off the street while I was walking home from school. I tried to fight them, but I wasn't strong enough. They took me to the abandoned building," he nods, knowing which building I am referring to.

"That's when I met Henry, and came to know that he was Conner's boss. Henry forced his men to train me, and whenever I refused to train, I was punished, beaten. But suddenly, about a year or two later, Conner just upped and left, without telling me why."

"That's why you hate him so much." Tristan states as matter-of-factly.

"Yep. That's why I hate him." I repeat his words, but I direct them more to myself and I can feel anger rising up my legs.

"But does what Henry told us change your view on him?" He asks me.

"After today, no. He's still the same and I even hate him more." I sit up from my position and remove my legs from Tristan's lap.

"I understand." He nods.

"Anyway, I think this is when I say goodnight." I get up from the leather couch and stretch out my limbs.

"Now?" Disappointed circles his irises.

"Yep. I need my beauty sleep."

"But it's only half past three." He tries to reason.

"Fine, you stay up. I'm going to bed." I walk away from him and make my way upstairs.

"So you don't want to watch Toy Story?" He voice calls out behind me.

"Hate it!" I shout.

"You're mean."

"Night Tristey."

.............

"So, what's the plan?" I hear a voice ask.

I woke up a few minutes ago and saw that Tristan was nowhere to be seen.

I brushed my teeth with one of the spare toothbrushes I found in the bathroom cabinet and took a quick shower, before wearing one of Tristan's other hoodies.

"I don't know yet, but we're going to need back up." I recognise Tristan's voice, and I immediately guess that he is probably talking to the guys.

"Hi, Hailey." Jordan greets me when he sees me walking down the stairs.

"Hi Jordan," I respond with a smile. "Hey guys." I greet Chase, Tristan and surprisingly Greg.

Chase doesn't respond to my greeting but scans my body, somehow making me feel uncomfortable. "Tristan, isn't that your favourite hoodie?" He shifts his gaze to Tristan and asks him with a raised brow.

"Yes..." Tristan replies hesitantly.

"They had fun last night." Chase snorts, leaning back to relax in his seat.

"Chase, do you want me to beat you up?" I ask smugly.

"That I'd like to see." Greg chuckles.

"Trust me, Chase won't handle her." Jordan says to Greg, with a snort.

"Idiots." Tristan mutters, before lifting himself off his seat and making his way towards me.

"You look great in my clothes." Tristan wraps his arms around my waist and whispers in my ear so that only I can hear him. "You should wear them everyday." His lips graze my cheek, leaving a trail of red.