Chapter 53: So, what's the plan?

"Why do you hate Luther?" I ask Tristan another question. A movie is playing on the flat screen in front of us but neither one of us are concentrating on it.

"He killed my sister." He breathes out and clenches his jaw in anger. His hands are traveling up and down my exposed legs which are placed across his lap, while I back rests against the couch.

Not going to lie... I love feeling his hands on my body.

"What happened?" I prod further.

"How did Conner leave you?" His gaze comes up to meet mine. He's trying to shift the topic.

"Answer me first. You know too much of my life already while I know zilch of yours."

"Fine," he sighs while running a hand through his soft locks. "A year before you joined Henry, I was fourteen, I was already a fighter. I was undefeated, which was unbelievable for a fourteen year old. My parents never knew about my illegal fighting." I don't interrupt him.

"Until one day," he continues. His eyes never lift up to meet mine and I notice the pain radiating from his memory. "Luther came into the picture and found out that I had a older sister, Sarah. She was nineteen at that time. Beautiful, everyone said. She was joyful, loving and a great dancer. She studied dance arts and she excelled in it." A smile catches Tristan's lips.

"But her dreams were cut short. Luther wanted me, but I refused to go with him. He was angry that I rejected his 'offer' and that anger caused him to kidnap my sister. I had to tell my parents then, although it was too late. Luther had already harmed her. Killed h-her." A tear slides down his cheek and I wipe it away with my hand.

"You don't have to continue." I say.

"I'm fine." He shakes his head.

Seeing a guy cry is heartbreaking. The tears that slide down their cheeks feel as though they slide down onto your heart, eroding the your heart muscle until cracks appear.

Girls, it's a different story. We see them cry all the time. I bet most oceans are made from their tears. They cry on TV, real life ... wherever and for whatever reason. Us girls are so talented that faking our tears isn't a hard job.

But with guys, their tears contain honesty, raw emotions.

Although I believe some guys can also fake it.

"My parents stopped talking to me for almost a year. They blamed me for their daughter's death. I also started to blame myself. I built walls of anger around myself and honestly, you broke them down." He sends me a slightly broken, but genuine smile.

"How come Luther left you alone after that?" I question.

"That information is confidential. Or else you might end up on the runway to prison modelling your orange uniform on the runway to prison."

"Okay... then how did you leave Henry?"

"I don't know... he just... let me go. He saw that I was beginning to lose my tournaments, which caused him a lot of money."

"How come people still claim you as undefeated?"

"Are we playing 20 questions?"

"Yes. Now answer."

"Your brother... what happened?" He changes the subject.

Here goes nothing.

"I was always bullied as a child." I begin. "People hated me, they insulated me, and made me the joke of the school. Then my brother stood up for me. He told everyone to back off, and they did. They feared him. Then Conner told me to join his circle of friends. That's where I met the others; Mason, James and Nick. They all became my family and they loved me like I was their younger sister." Tristan just stays quiet and listens attentively, making sure that he doesn't miss a single word.