Chapter 12: How romantic...

We walk down the beach in search of a comfortable spot to sit at, to shade us from the sizzling sun. We find a spot at the far side of the beach, away from the massive crowd of people.

"Who wants to join me for a swim?" Chase asks us as we lay our towels on the beach sand.

"I'll go," Peyton accepts.

"I'm okay. I'll join you guys later," I say as I peacefully and lay on my towel, not bothering to take off my shorts and shirt.

"I'll stay as well," Tristan speaks up. I finally take time to notice how his shirt clings to his abdomen, revealing his perfect muscular self under the thin piece of material.

Peyton and Chase give us sly looks and nod before turning on their heels and run towards the water.

I put on my headphones and start listening to Maroon Five. Not really my favourite band, but it'll do. I take out a novel that I was reading a few days ago but never really had the chance to finish.

"You're really going to read now?" I hear Tristan scoff beside me.

"No, I'm going to ride a horse along the beach," I say sarcastically.

"No need for the sarcasm," he rolls his eyes.

"No need for the rhetorical question," I retort.

Without warning, Tristan grabs my hand and hoists me up so that I stand on my feet. I'm about to stumble but Tristan wraps his arm around my waist-- I can feel the electrical sparkles rushing up and down my spine-- to balance me.

"Steady?" He smirks as he senses the effect he has on me.

"Y-yep," I stutter.

"Good." Without warning, he drags me along the beach sand. We keep walking, well, I am trudging besides Tristan, until we reach a carnival. I didn't even know the carnival was here.

People are everywhere and hyperactive children are running around. There's a mother yelling at her child for something he probably did and guilt is glued to his adorable face.

"Tristan," I stop him as I see a cotton candy stall near us.

He stops in his tracks and his mesmerizing brown eyes meet mine. "Yeah?"

"Can I get cotton candy?" I grin like little girl.

"No," he deadpans.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to," he shrugs.

"Well, I didn't want to come here, but some idiot dragged me here and he's gonna buy me that cotton candy, whether he wants to or not," by this time I'm poking his hard, muscular chest and his staring at me with wide eyes. He's stunned at my sudden outburst, but he should know not irritate me because I have anger issues and when I get angry I...

"Here you go," he smirks at me with cotton candy in his hand, pulling me out of my conflicting thoughts.

"Thanks," I grin and he rolls his eyes as I begin eating the delicious treat.

"Can you get me that teddy bear?" Tristan points at a stall with a giant teddy bear hanging on the front. The game is to try take a mini basketball ball and throw it into a mini hoop.

"How romantic," I scoff and roll my eyes.

"Please," he gives me puppy dog eyes.

"No," I deadpan, mimicking his earlier words.

"You're boring," he states.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

Giving up, I take the mini ball but the man who works there stops me. "Pay up first," he says grudgingly. He looks like he's in his late 40s. White hair is already creeping out from the roots of his hair and wrinkles have already found their all over his face. The looks like he doesn't want to be here because he's grumpy mood is already displaying it.

I turn to look at Tristan, expecting him to offer paying the grumpy man, and he rolls his eyes and pays the man. After, I take the ball and throw it at the hoop but I miss. I hear Tristan scoff beside me and I another ball, and this time, I don't miss.

"Here you go, one giant teddy bear," the man hands me the teddy bear.

"Well done, thank you," Tristan smirks and reaches for the bear.

"Nope, it's mine," I refuse.

"But you played for me and I paid," he argues.

"Serves you right for dragging me here," I smirk.

"You're evil," he glares.

"Thank you."

-------------

"Where'd you guys go," Cathy asks as me and Tristan as we approach her.

"When did you guys get here?" I ask.

"Oh, Kaitlyn and I got a ride from Jordan. Since you weren't ready yet, we left you and Peyton was already on her way to your house and Chase offered to give you guys a ride. And lastly, we came late because Jordan had errands to run," she explains. Those were actually a lot of words to use for a simple answer. "So? Are you gonna asnwer my question?"

"Oh, Tristan dragged me to the carnival," I say sardonically, directing my words at Tristan who just avoids my statement.

"Okay..." she gives us a suspicious look. "So do you want to swim?"

"Sure," I answer her.

I walk to my bag and begin removing my clothes to reveal the blue bikini wrapped around my body and I see Tristan's wandering eyes scan my body, making me feel insecure all of a sudden.

I love my body, since I'm in good shape and it's toned, but guys checking me out make me feel so insecure about it.

"Are you done checking me out?" I smirk, trying to hide the faint blush that spread across my cheeks.

"Nope, just a few more minutes, " he says nonchalantly and I roll my eyes.

A/N: I know! Long time since I updated. Sorry to keep you waiting. Hope you enjoyed this chapter although it's boring. Sorry for making it short as well.

Share.

Comment.

Vote.

And follow me here on wattpad.

Love ya!
-Dee