Chapter 14:- Can A Hairband Be A Weapon?

Start from the beginning

School Parties do sound fun, but with the opportunity to sit back relax and sleep for a few hours as a second option, it TRULY is a tough choice.

*****

I really loathe the fact that my parents get to sleep in the master bedroom, because it is just sooooooo soft and comfortable! I mean i could just fall off to sleep in like seconds and dream about the impractical world in my head all night and..

"Johnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

"What the..", i jumped up from the bed and sat up straight to examine the situation i was in.

The house was dark as usual, and there were no sounds coming from granny's room so i assumed that she went off to sleep, then i heard it again.

"Johnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!"

Alright this is it, it's SATAN coming to kill me! This is how i die! The flaws of going late for Sunday mass has gotten me into this. It's bad to be in such a situation altogether, but the thought of Granny's talks about the devil only worsened my imagination about the situation and to make things worse i heard a knock on the door.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"I'm here! Open up the door please.!", came a voice.

Holy! I never thought that the Devil would be so polite and KNOCK at the door. I walked down the stairs as slowly as i could, trying to not make any noises. Then the banging stopped. All i heard next was a muffled voice.

"Oh i forgot he had a bell."

*ting tonggggg*

Have i lived such a boring life that i had to be killed by such a stupid Devil? Like come on give me a challenge. Nevertheless i walked into the hall and tried to grab something as a weapon, i stumbled on my sofa and face- planted on the floor.

Ouch..

Whatever the case maybe i tried to reach something from where i was, I got hold of something. It was thin, semicircular and i think it had grooves in it. I walked upto the door and took a deep breath and yelled.

"GO AWAY SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and opened the door.

I really should have sat down and thought about this before i did so, because i would have really preferred Satan on the doorstep than the commotion that i created.

"Dude, are you on something? And what's that thing your holding?", Aakash looked at me with a lifted eyebrow.

At my doorstep was my squad, with their second halves and some other people.

Subconscious Mind:- "What a pleasant surprise! Your f*cked!"

"Bruh why you still wearing boxers? You know we have a party to attend right?", Shreya chuckled.

I was still in my night clothes. Boxers and a tank top with a messed up hair and to top that all of, i was holding the cross of my rosary with my left hand, and the WEAPON i chose to defend myself with was a ...... give it sometime....

*drumroll*

A HAIRBAND!

[Sidenote:- A rosary is a chain of beads used in prayer time for Christians. P.s. don't worry guys i've got your back!]

"Is that a hairband?", asked Dhruv.

"No no no!", i placed my hands at my back.

"Let me see that!", Shreya pushed into the door and snatched it from me.

"Go get ready John! It's already 9:30 !", Akaash insisted.

"Wait, whose hairband is this John?", Shreya asked while lifting it up for everyone to see.

"I don't know bro...besides it might just be Rachel's haha..", no one laughed.

I ran upstairs to grab some clothes and i could hear laughter from downstairs, i quickly picked up a blue jeans and a black hoodie to go with it and busted downstairs.

"See, i told you it wouldn't take that long.", i joked around and walked into the kitchen to grab some snacks, while still trying to wear my hoodie and fix my hair.

"I still want to know who's Hairband this is, did you have a girl over tonight? Is it Natalie? Come on just admit it! I knew those tuitions classes was only a hoax!", Shreya questioned.

"Umm..you see the thing is..", i started to speak on my defence.

That's when the doorbell rang AGAIN.

I was afraid that my parents had come home, and that in any minute this whole plan of going to a party was going to get shut down.

But when i opened the door, i wished it was my parents instead because as soon as my eyes fixated on the person outside, all i heard was:-

"Sorry to disturb you, but i think i forgot my hairband in your house."

It was Natalie.