Chapter 7

(Nikki's POV)

I wake up to my phone ringing. I pick it up and look at who's calling me. It's Max. I answer "Hey Max" I say. "Hey Nikki" he replies. "Neil is out with Armstrong to go do their sciency shit, so I don't have anything to do today, do you want to go to the city today?" I don't believe what I'm hearing. Is he asking me out? "like on a date?" I can tell he's pondering on what to say because he doesn't answer for a bit. "Maybe" Is all he says with a smirk. "I'd love to go with you" I say. "Great, I'll be over in in 20 minutes" he says then hangs up. 

I immediately get up and get ready for my, I guess, "date". I pull out a black and white striped shirt and sky blue overalls and put them on. I tie my hair into it's usual ponytail with a little strand sticking out over my ear. I put on my black converse and head to the small kitchen. I eat a pop-tart for breakfast. I look at my phone to check the time and it's been 15 minutes. I start scrolling through the photos I took of Max and I over the years. We sure did have great times causing trouble and getting to bond with each other. I stopped and stared at one particular picture. it was a picture of Max and I at our old highschool when we T-ped it. Max's arm was around my shoulder and we were sticking our tongues out at the camera and Max was holding his middle finger up while I did the piece sign. We both looked so happy to commit the crime, but Max looked like a different kind of happy, he looked happy to be with me, I could tell by the way his arm was tightly wrapped around mine and the faint trace of blush on his face. Has he liked me since high school? Just then, I get a text from Max. 

"Hey, I'm here" it says. I rush out of my dorm and down to where Max is waiting in his car. "Nice choice of clothing" he says staring at me. I blush hard. "Shut up ya smooth dork" I say and playfully punch his arm. He smirks. "I'm just saying you look nice, take the compliment, I don't usually give out compliments to others" "Thank you" I finally say. "You're welcome" he says with a smile. "Now let's go on an adventure to the city".