Chapter 5

(Max's POV)

I pull in to the drive-in and park in the middle in front of the screen so we can get a perfect view. Ered and Nurf park on either sides of us. Nurf brought a truck so most of us sat on the trunk. I sat next to Nikki, Harrison sat on my side and Nerris sat on Nikki's side. The movie didn't start until 10 minutes from now. Harrison whispered to me "Max, I want to ask Nerris to be my girlfriend but I don't know when or how to". "Well well well, you DO like Nerris!" "Shut up! This is serious!" "Alright alright, chill, I got this, just talk to her, and when the time is right, ask her" I turned to Nikki. "Hey Nikki, I'm gonna get some snacks, wanna come with me?" I asked. "Okay!" she said enthusiastically. Nikki and I got up and walked to the snack store leaving Harrison and Nerris alone.

(Nikki's POV)

Max and I walked to the snack store. Once we reached the store, I grabbed some chocolate bars while Max went to the other direction to get chips and sodas. Suddenly a blonde-haired guy stood next to me. He looked just a bit older than me, maybe 19. "Hey doll, you here by yourself? Wanna come with me to my truck? it'll be more fun than walking around all by yourself" he said. I shivered. he walked closer to me. "No." I said. I backed up from him but he still proceeded to walk closer to me. I was getting scared now. I pushed him away from me, but it was no use, he grabbed my hand. Then I felt a strong hand pull me away from him. "Actually, she's mine" Max said in a scary tone to the guy. The guy didn't seem convinced. "I came here with him" I finally said hugging Max's arm. With his free arm, max pulled the guy towards him. "She is mine. Back off ya shitbag" he whispered giving him the death glare. Max was a bit taller than him and a bit more muscular. The guy looked scared and stomped away grumbling to himself. "Thanks Max" I said a little quietly. "No problem Nikki" Max replied.

We paid for our snacks and walked back to Nurf's truck. I was still clinging to Max's arm, but Max didn't seem to mind. When we got back, we saw Nerris and Harrison in the middle of a kiss. Immediately Max and I started cheering and clapping. The others heard and saw them too and joined the cheering. They heard us and whipped around with red faces. "Guys what the fuck?!" Harrison screamed. Nerris just stayed silent until I sat next to her. "I see you and Harrison are a couple now" I said. "yeah, we are" she said blushing. "I told you so!" I heard Max say to Harrison. "Yeah, thanks Max". "You're welcome Harrison" Max said then slapped Harrison on the back. Harrison let out a loud "Oof" which caused me to laugh. Max also joined in along with Nerris. Then the movie started. We were watching Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom.

It started to get darker and colder. I started shivering, I guess a tank top wasn't such a good idea to wear, and I didn't bring a jacket. "Hey Nikki, here" Max said then gave me his blue hoodie. I put it on, and I felt warmer, the hoodie smelled nice, it smelled like Max. I put my head on Max's shoulder, and he put his arm around me. I felt even warmer, but on the inside. I decided to do something I never thought I'd do, I kissed Max on the cheek. I could see him blush like crazy, but he just looked at me and smiled, then leaned in closer to me and closed the gap between us.