Chapter 6

(Max's POV)

I suddenly find myself leaning in to Nikki's face and feel her lips on mine. I quickly pull away blushing. She's blushing too. "I'm sorry Nikki! I don't know why I did it! I-" she stops me by putting her finger on my lips. "No, it's ok Max" she says, "It was kinda nice" then smiles at me with that beautiful smile of hers and hugs me. I hug her back and we continue to watch the movie in each others arms. Harrison and I make eye contact and he winks at me. I smile in response.

We pack up our things and leave the drive-in. We're all going to my house and staying for the night which Gwen and David are completely fine with, as long as we don't get drunk and wreck the house. We reached my house and David was in the kitchen. Gwen was probably sleeping upstairs. "Hey guys! man, you guys really have grown a lot, you guys are free to sleep in the living room, goodnight everyone!" and with that, he went upstairs. Everyone piled into the living room and start chattering away. "Congratulations Harrison, you got a girlfriend!" Dolph said. Harrison blushed and said "Thanks guys". Nerris just blushed. After talking about dating and memories from camp, we started getting ready to go to sleep. Everyone slept in the living room except for Nurf who fell asleep at the kitchen table eating a bag of chips. It was 12:45, and I was the only one awake. I looked at Nikki's sleeping figure, sprawled out on the floor. She looked so peaceful and heavenly, then I heard her whisper in her sleep "Max....." she smiled then hugged herself. I couldn't help but smile and kiss her forehead before laying next to her and drifting off to sleep.

(Nikki's POV)

I wake up to see blue fabric, it's Max's hoodie. Max's arms are around me. I wiggle out of his grasp and walk to the pantry and grab a pop-tart. Some of the others were also awake, and they were giving me weird looks. "What?" I asked. "You and Max were hugging each other in your sleep" Harrison said with Nerris giggling "Yeah, you were murmuring each others names". She couldn't keep her laughter in anymore, she burst out laughing "You and Max are dating!" she shouted which woke up the others, including Max. "What?!" Max screamed "We aren't!". "Then why were you hugging Nikki while you were sleeping?" Neil said. Max blushed like mad. "What?! I was sleeping! I didn't know!" "Mmmm hmmm" Nerris smirked. Max got up and walked to the coffee maker to make some coffee and didn't say another word to the others.

After everyone ate breakfast we went back to campus. Max drops me off at my dorm and before I can get out of the car he kisses my cheek. I blush and say bye to him. He says bye to me and smiles. I smile back and leave for my dorm.