Chapter 2

(Max's POV)

I lay awake on my bed thinking about the fun times Nikki and I had and the time we got to bond with each other. In fifth grade, we stole 40 pudding cups from the school pantry and never got caught, in eighth grade, we caused all the sprinklers to go off at the eighth grade dance, in our junior year of high school, we stole the seniors graduation cake right before the graduation, and in our senior year of high school, we set off dozens of fireworks around the school and for our Grand finale, T-ped the entire school. Those were some great times, causing trouble with my best friend, and also getting to know her too.

Nikki's dad had left her when she was seven, came back when she was eight, and left again, and kept leaving and coming back until Nikki's mom was done with him for good, and married Neil's dad when Nikki was 11. Nikki was happy with her new dad and brother, I was happy for her too, I'd always want the best for Nikki. I get lost in my thoughts of Nikki and fall asleep.

(Nikki's POV)

I sat on my bed with my roommate and also great friend, Nerris, sitting next to me. "So how's your job at the Big Bean?" Nerris asked. "It's great! I saw Max and Neil there today" I replied. "Oooo Max" Nerris said with a small grin. "What about him? We're just friends" I said. "Are you kidding me? You and Max are the two best troublemakers ever! You guys have been doing this stuff ever since Camp Campbell!" Nerris replied. "I know, but we're best friends, not boyfriend and girlfriend, and we don't have crushes on each other" I said. "If you say sooo, I'm going to bed, goodnight Nikki" Nerris said. "Goodnight Nerris" I replied.

I turned off my lights and laid in my bed, thinking about what Nerris said, me and Max were pretty close, and we knew a lot about each other. Could Max really like me? Could I really like Max? I guess he's strong, funny, a good person to start trouble with, and I guess he's kinda cute... wait what am I thinking? Before I know it, I drift off to sleep.