Chapter 20

Sorry I haven't updated in a while!

Izzy's P.O.V

I landed on an island. I looked around and saw a boat docked at a port. That explains why we couldn't track them because they were on the water. I bet that Clary and Jace are hidden in there. Somehow Valentine knew that we were coming, why else would they land? Maybe Alec was right and there are spies in the Institute. In front of me, there was a huge forest.

Suddenly, a whole swarm of demons came from there. They started attacking the Shadowhunters that came through the portal. "Shit," I muttered to myself. There were still more Shadowhunters coming. I'll just do the best I can to fight them off.

I ran to the nearest demon and slashed it with my whip. It was my favorite weapon because it is fast and really powerful.

As I was killing more demons, I saw more of some of my fellow Shadowhunters come through the portal. Good. We need more people to help.

Finally I saw Alec, and I sprinted to him. "I bet that Clary and Jace are being held in the ship. Do you want to come with me and check it out?"

"Sure," he replied. "Let's go."

We ran towards the ship. It was gigantic, so it would be difficult to figure out where Clary and Jace were being held. Ugh! We should have brought more Shadowhunters with us, but they need to fight all the  demons.

Climbing up the side of the ship, I asked Alec, "Do you want to try to find them together or split up?"

"I think we should stay together just in case we run into some trouble," he responded as we made it on deck.

Alec's P.O.V

Where would Jace and Clary be hidden? Maybe in the lower deck. "Hey Izzy, I was thinking we could search the bottom of the ship first and then work our way back to the top."

"That sounds like a good idea. Come on!" Izzy exclaimed. I could tell she was really excited to be reunited with Jace and Clary. We found an elevator and pressed the button to go down to the last floor.

When the doors opened, it was eerily quiet. I thought there would at least be demons here. I looked left and right, but I couldn't see any. We were in a dimly lit hallway, and I could see that there was a door at the end of it. "I bet that Clary and Jace are being held in there. It seems too quiet though."

Just then, demons came down from the ceiling. Fuck! I should have checked there!  There were around twenty of them. I got out my bow and Izzy got out her whip. We fought most of them off, but one of them hit me in the back of the head. "Alec!" Izzy yelled. That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.