Karma

(an: excuse any mistakes or incorrect use of New York lingo, I'm a Texas gal lmfao)

Yn

Slowly pulling into the driveway of my father's home, I sat there and reminisced about all the memories I had here during my short time in Harlem. Most of it was drama, then fake happiness, then drama again. So when I was presented with the opportunity to leave, I took it and ran.

I took a deep breath and continued to get out of my jeep, mentally preparing myself for the bullshit. I walked up the steps and knocked loudly on the door. I heard a bunch of shuffles and laughs before the door finally swung open and revealed my sperm-donor.

"Hey," I put of a half-hearted smile and waved a little, becoming shy under his demanding presence.

"Hey," He awkwardly moved to the side, letting me into the house. I was immediately greeted by my little cousins bombarding me with questions of my whereabouts. I finally was relieved of them when my aunt told them to go play.

"Hey babygirl! I've missed your big head so much!" She engulfed me into a big hug. She smelled like she'd been cooking so I know the food was bomb.

"Hey favorite auntie in the whole wide world, I missed you too." Out of the whole family, she was truly my favorite. Growing up, I was never really close to anyone of my family members except for her and my brother. She was the mother I never had.

"I know you don't wanna be out here talking to these old people so there's kids your age down in the basement." I nodded my head and went through the house I knew too well, and waved slightly at familiar people I saw on the way. I went down the creaky steps and was immediately met with a cloud of thick smoke and laughter.

"Yerrrrrrrrrr!" I yelled out just to see what would happen.

"Yn! Is that you?" I laughed at my older half brother as he ran up and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Yeah bubba! It's me, now put me down!" I was placed back on my feet as he stood there with a big Kool-Aid smile.

"Yo look at you, all grown up and shit! You used to be ugly b." I punched him hard on the shoulder making him grip it and scrunch up his face.

"Nigga shut up, I wasn't ugly, I just had braces. and glasses. Miss me with that."

"Yeah whateva, you was ugly. But yo, you deadass still sound country as fuck." I chuckled causing me to mimic it,

"Cause I am country, dummy. I can't say deadass like y'all, I'mma sound DEADASS stupid." We laughed loudly at my attempt to be a northerner.

"Well let me introduce you to some people."

He led me to the side of the basement where the rest of the laughter was coming from. There was a couple people sitting on the couch looking at the game and some were standing up talking or smoking. Overall, a few looked familiar.

"Yo everybody, ya niggas remember my little sister, Yn, She just came back from Texas."

I got a couple head nods and some hello's, one boy that looked kind of familiar pointed his finger at me, "Oh yeah I remember you..... but I don't remember you looking this damn fine." He looked me up and down and licked his lips.

Bubba threw an empty water bottle at him, making it bounce off his nose, "Shooter chill the fuck out, that's my sister nigga, you buggin."

Shooter put his hands up in surrender and winked at me, making me chuckle. I sat down next to my brother as they kept fake arguing and observed my surroundings. Everything was just how it was when I left. From the blue tv mounted on the wall and racks of bootleg DVD's lined under it to the table in the corner with the wobbly leg that I caused. I guess even after two years, my father still has a little bit of heart if he didn't throw it away.

My thoughts were interrupted when the basement door opened and in walked a face I never thought I'd have to see again.

"Yerrrrr!"
Shouts and laughter erupted as he came down the stairs followed by his new girl, i'm guessing. I snatched the blunt from Shooter and took the longest puff of my life, causing him to chuckle.
"You still got yo little crush on Dave, huh?" he whispered.

I stale faced him, "Don't play with me, I ain't have no crush on that boy."
Yeah, it wasn't a crush, it was just continuous raw sex on his kitchen counter....and his kitchen floor... and his bed.... and a little in his shower....

I took another long puff and watched as he laughed and joked with my brother and his girl hung onto him as if everyone in the room wanted to suck him up. Been there, done that honey.

"Yo Dave, this ya girl?"

Dave nodded and dramatically kissed her forehead in front of everyone. I wonder if she knows that's the same mouth he used to eat my ass with.
I sipped out of my red solo cup to mask my jealous smirk. They sat on the couch diagonal from us and Dave finally looked up at me and his eyes widen like he'd just seen a ghost.
"Dave, you remember my sister, Yn, right?"  Bubba said, oblivious to our rendezvous.

"Y-Yea I remember her, hey Yn," he reached his hand out awkwardly. I shook it and politely said hey back. We were shaking a little too long until someone yelled out from upstairs that the food was ready. All the munchie-having niggas ran upstairs towards the good smell leaving me, Dave, and his gal walking casually through the hallway.

"Yeah the bathroom's right down the hall." I heard Dave whisper to her, then I heard the bathroom door shut shortly after.
I felt my body being yanked back and gently laid against the wall.
"What the fuck you doing here, Yn?" Fuck, he looked so fine when he's mad.

"Last time I checked, this was my family. It's a crime to visit now?"

He scoffed, "You know what I mean. Why you came back after so long? Nah fuck that, Why'd you leave in the first place?"

"You act like I had a choice Dave, I was getting into too much trouble up here. I had to go back."

"But you could have at least told me, you were leaving-"

"Why?! So you can fuck and duck me one last time? I couldn't do that to myself no more." He inched closer to my face, making me uncomfortable and hot at the same time.

"Is that what you thought you were? A quick fuck? Yn, you helped me through everything, Malik's death, that shit with Kairi's mom, getting locked up, all of it. You were the only one there. Yn we talked about getting married yo! I loved you! Then you left me high and dry, like I wasn't shit. That shits mad foul." His face screwed up tighter with every word.

"You loved me?" I grabbed his hand tightly, "Dave I loved you too, shit I still do. You were the only reason why I stayed here so long, but then when I saw you getting back cool with Kairi's mom, I thought it was over for us, so I left."

His face softened and he looked at me intently. He started to say something then looked down like he wasn't sure if he should.

"If you don't feel the same, it's oka—" I was cut off by him smashing his lips into mine. The kiss sent sparks through my body and released a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. He gripped my neck making me moan and allowing him to slip his tongue into my mouth. We kissed for what seemed like eternity until we stopped to catch our breath.

He put his forehead onto mine and whispered, "I love you and have always loved you, Yn."

"What the fuck?!" Our heads snapped towards the bathroom door and saw Dave's, now ex, girlfriend fuming. She stormed down the hallway and out of the door. Oh well.