"Hi" Part 2

"Plus one, guest list But you don't even know what her name is Secrets, endless I know that you feel me you're runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin' Making the rounds with all your fake friends runnin', runnin' away from it You can strip down without showing skin"

- In The Dark by Camila Cabello

Peyton heads over my way, with two drinks in her hand. I look over to her relieved that she can pull me away from the douchey producer that I was currently talking to.

"Hey, Can I pull Jules away from you for a hot sec?" P asks the producer guy. she playfuly bats her eyelashes and pouts her lip, using her "charm" on him. speechless, he just shakes his head yes.  I roll my eyes at him and follow her.

She hands me what I think is a Gin and Tonic. "Men are so dumb."

I nod my head and raise my glass,  "I can drink to that."

We start walking upstairs to the rooftop bar and fire pits. "Oh no! What happened with Shawn?" P asks.

I shake my drink around, taking a large gulp...

" two girls pulled him away and he eagerly accepted.  You should have seen what they were wearing...practically nothing!" I respond.  I start to feel a buzz come on.

"I'm sorry, Jules we should've never come. What was I thinking?" Peyton spoke, immediately I start to feel guilty about complaining.

"No no! You have no idea how grateful I am for this and how much I love you for doing this for me. Thank you so much!...and you have no reason to apologize." I tell her.

As soon as I tell her that, a guilty smile starts to form on her face,

"Then you wouldn't mind if i went to go get a drink with someone..." she said.

"Of course you can go! You don't need to ask me for permission. but who is it?" I state.

"His Name's Geoff." she says smiling, pointing to a guy with a beer in his hands, talking. Now it all makes sense why I couldn't find her all night. P gives me a hug, and walks away towards him.

"Be safe and have fun!" I yell to her. I sigh, realizing that I know no one else here. I make the decision head back to the bar to take advantage of the free drinks.

~~~

Once it gets past twelve, people start to leave. I tip the bartender a twenty and start making my way towards the balcony area, soaking in the view one last time.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I hear a voice say.  I look at the sky, and how the cn tower was lit up in a ruby red color. the skyline was breathtaking, it felt as if time had stopped. I look over to see Shawn standing right next to me, looking at the view.

"I feel so small looking at everything." I state, turning to him.

He shakes his head, You're not, you're apart of the view I  was talking about." he says, so calmly staring at me. blushing, I smile at him.

"Wow! I can't believe THE Shawn Mendes just complimented me." I sarcastically joke.

He sheepishly smiles, as I grin back. I wanted to stay like that forever. It felt comfortable, something so familiar yet at the same time so foreign.

"Does this life ever bore you?" I say, doing a three sixty around the rooftop. It amazes me how we live blocks away from each other yet maintain unique lifestyles.

He scratches the back of his neck, looking unsure.

"That's a tough question. I love what I do, but It becomes hard to tell where I can find constant happiness. I feel as if I'm addicted to the highs of preforming and its hard when the lows come. Sometimes I wonder who I am doing this for." he truthfully responds.