You found me

1st POV

Today I was going to Shawn's last show in Toronto. I was always excited to tag along because of his amazing crew, and the vibe at his concerts.

I was a roadie on the North American leg of the tour with him, and sadly this was the last day. I was going to miss everything about it, especially Shawn.

It was currently before the show and I was hanging with Geoff, Andrew, Zubin, and Mike.

"Gerty you look as red as a tomato, what's up?" Mike spoke. I laughed to break the ice, and played along with him.

"Yea, Gerty what are you hiding?" I joked, with a smirk. He scratched the back of his head, his cheeks getting redder if that was even possible.

"No-not-hing" he spoke tripping over his words. Zubin rolled his eyes not believing any of his shit. No one believed him. Although I have not known Gerty for long, I knew that he was a bad at keeping a secret...everyone did.

"Come on Gerty we won't tell Shawn." Geoff used a persuasive tone, as everyone leaned in from sitting on the red scratched leather couch.

"That's the thing, I can't!" he said getting agitated, and walking out of the room.

"I wonder what that's all about" Mike said, as we all nodded our heads in agreement.

"He's probably on his meriod or some shit" Zubin replied, receiving laughter from the boys who eventually went back to practicing. 

•••

I walked into Shawn's dressing room, we had a little less then 10 minutes before the show, so he was currently getting mic-ed up and doing his pre-show rituals. One of them always included him and I kissing before he left the stage.

"Good luck. Oh wait you don't need it" I said to him before he went on stage in front of thousands of tweens and their parents. his fan base was so large and diverse, but that was about the majority of them. 

I always like to joke around with Shawn, it clams his nerves...I think. Well I hope it does.

Shawn deeply inhaled and planted a sweet and plump kiss on my lips. This kiss felt different. It almost felt like I could feel his emotions wash over me. There was passion and also nervousness. It was a weird sensation mixed in one.  I'm sure he was just nervous for the show.

"Go kill it" I said, giving him a hug.

"I love you"

"I love you too" I replied, beaming him a big smile. I am always so proud of him and he knows it.

As he turned around I gave his ass a smack. He looked back and gave me a joking smirk and glare. I just blew him a kiss, smiling at him. 

•••

The show went as planned and I think even better. Something about this show felt more vibrant and more alive! maybe the crowd was louder or filled with more tweens. Everything sounded genuine, the screaming, Shawn's singing, the band. 

I loved feelings like this! I felt like I was on top of the world just by being at the show. It was truly one of the purest highs in life. I knew if I felt high, shown probably felt like he was on crack! 

Shawn finished up with his last song. I closed my eyes expecting to hear him sing Stitches, but he never did. I looked on stage, and at the monitor that was live streaming his concert. 

"I wanted to play a different song for you guys tonight, if you don't mind" he said smiling in his mic. The crowd erupted. 

"Okay, it's one you haven't heard yet. I made this song for my beautiful girlfriend, I hope you enjoy. Its called You Found Me" And with that the crowd exploded. 

I looked up at the monitored, shocked at what he just said. I did not hear this song yet, let alone know he wrote a song about me! 

Shawn breathed in, making the crowd go silent. Someone could have dropped a needle and you would have heard it. It amazed me how Shawn was able to control such a large amount of people,  just from a breath. 

He sang a song so elegant, and dazzling. It was amazingly complicated, but at the same time so purely simple. It revealed a new side of Shawn. A side I could get used to.

This man always surprised me in the best of ways. He always brought out the best of me, and I am eternally grateful for that. 

As the song reached its end it was a bitterly sweet. I did not want it to end, and by the sounds of it neither did the crowd.

 I started to cry, not because it ended but because it was written for me. It held a meaning, that I never realized. It showed me that I was capable of love. And I found it.

One of Shawn's backstage media managers, ordered me to go onstage. I did happily, and ran into his arms. He smiled wiping away my stay tears. I smiled at him holding him close, whispering in his ear, "I love you beyond words"

He looked down at me, planting a kiss on my lips. 

He gave his mic to Zubin and his guitar to Mike.  His hand were visibly shaking. Out of instinct I grabbed his hands, "What's wrong babe?" 

He let out a shaky breath, pulling his hands away from me. he reaches in his back pocket, and pulls out a black velvet case. I start to ball, putting my hand over my mouth in shock. He gets on one knee,

"y/n, I have loved you for some time now. Everyday I spend with you is better than the last. Throughout the five years I have known you, and the two we have dated, I learned what it truly means to love.  Although we have had are hardships, I would not want anything else because I choose you. And I'll always choose you Over and over and over. Without pause.  without doubt. In a heartbeat. And I am so grate that you choose me, and you continue to choose me over and over and over. Through all my fuck-ups. without pause. without doubt. In a heartbeat.

Y/n will you marry me?"  

I'm crying all over the place, by now I have reached the ground, kneeling with him.

 I shake my head yes, unable to get my words out. 

I give him my hand to put the delicate ring.

I tackle him, into a bear hug. We're rolling on the ground, laughing with tears of joy. We look like a mess, but we don't care. 

I whisper into his ear "I will always choose you."

He lets out a relived sigh and a smile, helping me onto my feet. 

He holds me close.

And we kiss. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N

I'm back baby! 

I hoped you guys enjoyed this short lil chapter, and my take on Shawn's proposal!

don't forget to send me requests, I love to hear your ideas and feedback!

Question of the day: What is your favorite Shawn Song?

I can't pick!!

Much love, 

J.T