"Hi" Part 1

"Maybe we're perfect strangers, Maybe it's not forever, Maybe the night will change us, Maybe we'll stay together"

- perfect strangers by Jonas Blue

I was currently getting groceries to last me the week, Kensington market is a life saver. I get inside my apartment to be greeted by a phone call...Shit. I completely forgot that Peyton was coming. Peyton is my best friend since preschool, and now an international super model. I mean, I guess it has its perks.

"Hey Peyton, what's up?"

"Hey Jules, so I forgot to ask you what your address was. I just got off the plane!" She said way too excited. She probally had the money to book a whole hotel floor, but she wanted to spend time with me, and was all ways so down to earth.

"Lloyd avenue, hills apartment complex, apt. 165" I told her.

"Great, thanks! Oh and by the way wear a dress tonight, I have a surprise for you. Before you try and pry it out of me, the only reason I'm waiting is to see your reaction" she spoke. I knew right now she probaly had a devious smile on her face. She knew how much I hated surprises, and yet she still has the nerve to do that to me.

"Fuck you." I joke.

"Love you too Jules." she replied, laughing.

I finally gave in, "Love ya." With that I was completely screwed. I attempted to quickly put all of my unorganized things away, shoving some things under my bed like a five year old. I grabbed sheets out of a closet, and threw them on the couch. Since I only had a studio apartment, my couch would have to suffice for Peyton. My next step was getting ready. What the hell was the surprise? After overthinking my situation too much, I realized that I don't give a fuck what people think, so I went with a simple black dress.

•••

I opened the door for Peyton when she arrived, giving her hug. "Oh my god I missed you so much Julia, you look gorgeous."

"Shut up you look stunning" I said, which was completely the truth. She looked so much more mature and put together since I last saw her.

"Anyways, so I totally forgot, that I got you something." She said reaching for one of her bags, pulling out a small box.

"P, you preally didn't have to do that."

"Please please, it was nothing. Now open it." She said waving my statement off in a dismissing way. I opened the box to reveal neatly wrapped necklace that had a small little pb and j sandwich. Our parents always joked that we were like pb and j sandwiches, inseparable. You couldn't split us in half without getting one with the other.

"Thank you." I say engulfing her in a hug. She smiled and continued to sit down on my couch and check her phone.

"Thanks for the surprise." She looks at me with confusion in her eyes.

"Yea, um by the way I was invited to a party tonight, and you're my plus one. Shawn Mendes is hosting it" she said in a nonchalant tone. I stare at her with wide eyes, and just blink. I then start running around my house like a crazy person.

"What the actual fuck. I AM GOING TO THE SHAWN FRIGGIN MENDES PARTY HOLY SHIT! You better not be playing me p, I swear if you are..."

She looks at me amused, it seems like she enjoyed my reaction. "I'm not playing you I promise, and I thought you were over that crazy fan faze, anyway."

"I am I am, it just it's not everyday I get to meet one of my fucking idols from highschool and so like hell yeah in freaking out." I tell her.

Peyton started laughing at me, while I just rolled my eyes soon cracking out a smile of defeat.