Wings

"I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel, I focus on the pain"

"Hurt" - Johnny Cash

She was either wildly naive, or brilliantly dangerous, for he could not tell the fine line in between.

"Oh what a plot twist you are" she spoke. through her words she spoke the truth, the words aching her lips yet again.

She was both hell fire and holy water, but the flavor he would taste would depend on the way he treated her. He knew he could treat her better, but the girl was blind to love.

She hid her love from her messy heart, her need to hug him with her fragile bones, and touch him with her scarred hands. She was playing mind games, but the boy was blind to love also.

The boy wanted so badly to share his flaws, but comfort her in the aggressive storm, called her mind. Although, she was broken. He was afraid of the world seeing her the way she saw herself. She was afraid of drowning, by opening up to the boy. She was afraid she would be left for dead, when he stood three feet away screaming, "learn how to swim!"

He was a strong cup of black coffee, in a world drunk, on cheap wine and shallow love. He had found his wings already, but one had been sprained from the love he had before. He learned to love himself and others, unlike the girl, who's wings have never been found. For her, the pain of staying was greater than the fear of the unknown.

"Fear and magic are the same" he spoke. She knew that already, because at some point they both disappear.

Fear to him was magic, but so much more. In his mind, it was the devils greatest illusion, trying to hold him back. He knew that the devil was trying to break his wings and haunt him. Wherever he went, the devil was trailing in his footsteps. He managed to escape once he laid eyes on her. She gave him the light.

She knew never to assume loud meant strong, and quiet meant weak. She had been lost, but he wanted to teach her how to dance on broken glass, build sand castles with shattered dreams, and to wear her tears like precious pearls. He wanted to teach her to be strong, proud, and unbreakable. She was never a fool.

"Don't be the fool, who doesn't fall." She had told him. He looked at her, his head tilted, trying to remember something. Then it hit him.

"The one that falls and gets up, is so much stronger" he spoke, adding on.

She was surprised, that the boy wasn't as overly confident, and isolated as he had seemed. She was barely surviving, off of the fire that burned inside of her. Maybe he noticed that the fire circling around her was becoming too much. Overpowering. He was smart, but he needed a sense of fulfillment also. He needed reassurance from her.

He was the type to fall in love with the moon. Something that was unreachable. She was the moon, beautifully out of place. She intended to be that. He was the fire and the ice. She would fear his cold and crave his burn. The selfless boy, just wanted the girl to love herself. All she did was laugh.

She felt the hurt. She felt the pain. The people surrounding her thought she was lying, because they saw her laugh. She only laughed to keep herself from crying. But the boy knew.

"Perfectly imperfect" she told the boy. Pouring her heart and soul into two words. The boy didn't understand what she meant. She gave him a sad smile.

The girl knew the boy once had a wild, wandering soul when he loved. She knew he loved with chaos which made all the difference. For the chaos in his love made him beautiful. When he loved her he wouldn't let her go. That was the difference between the two of them. She would easily run away, to hide her feelings, to hide her hope in someone. To hide the hope she had in herself.

It wasn't too late for the girl to spread her wings. She still felt, but was never numb. The boy was naive, to her love. He was color blind, when she was the rainbow. He wanted her back, he wanted to see her wings.

It's funny how much you can see, by just observing someone, but never saying anything to them.

"Hey" he spoke. She had an entire forest growing inside of her, and by talking to her, he had just put his initials in every tree. Her wings sprouted to life, for the first time in her life she felt a feeling of hope in someone, in something. The girl finally found love in herself, which raised the stakes for everyone else.

She said nothing to the boy, when she wanted to say everything. She was able to muster a little courage, "hey" she replied, not looking up from the ground.

He had her with his words, but lost her with his actions.

She looked up, and the boy was nowhere to be found.

___________________________

Hey yahhh. So I felt like doing this based off of Pinterest qoutes, cause ya girl was bored. If any of yahhh was confused the boy was Shawn. And the girl was the girl (really?! no dip shit julia). Anyway all of that poetic shit was supposed to represent what they felt in each others presence. And how the moved each other through their minds. Woah. I just realized that this is some deep shit. Okay anyways when she was speaking before the "hey" "hey" it was all in their heads. I think this is in third person, so switch bitchin it up on all y'all. Anywho your girls gonna go study for her history test she has tomorrow. I had a science test today, and bombed that shit. No joke. I told my teacher and she was like "I'm sure you didn't" like bitch do you fucking know me at all. Welp I lightly edited this. I made this book in like an hour cuz yah gurl was feeling motivated. I feel like the more imagines I make, the more people will notice my book. Which is probally false but I can hope. Ok well I'll see ya soon. Don't forget to tell your friends, family, sisters, brother, cousins, grandma, grandpa, dog, cat, fish, etc. about mah book!!! Ok peace out. ✌🏼️

- J.T