Let it snow

"The lights are turned way down low, Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

This Christmas, Shawn, my boyfriend of two years, and I, decided to rent a cabin in a small little town in upstate New York. It was our attempt to run away from the media, and we were both somewhat close to our families. We decided to go out to get our Christmas tree today. I was currently layering up for the cool, frigid air.

"Y/n, honey, are you almost ready?" Shawn called, from the downstairs of the cabin.

"Yea, just give me a second." I yelled down, quickly putting on my shoes, coat, hat, and gloves.

I walked downstairs, in which Shawn greeted me with a warming smile, and a peck on the cheek. We headed to his Jeep, the sharp sting of a the wind floating on both of our cheeks. We hopped in the car and headed on our half an hour drive to a cut-your-own Christmas tree farm. Softly in the background Shawn turned on Christmas music, as we watched the crystal flakes, fall to the ground.

 When we got there Shawn helped me out of the Jeep, as we headed to the barn. He grabbed a saw, and we started making our way to the fields of trees.

"So where do you want to start?" I asked him, completely in awe with what seemed like thousands of fresh pine trees.

He grabbed my hand with his empty one, as we headed in a direction. "How about over here."

We walked for about fifteen minutes, until we found what seemed like the perfect tree. "This is it. This is the perfect tree." I announced.

Shawn gave a small laugh, and an admiring smile. We saw a another family walk by. I quickly asked them to take our picture, in which they agreed to do. Shawn and I hurried next to the tree. His wrapped his loosely wrapped around my waist. He hid his face, smiling into my neck. I put my hands on top of his, and gave him a full hearted smile.

"I love you" he whispered into my neck.

"I love you too" I whispered back, as I gave him a kiss on the lips.

I retrieved my phone back from the family of four, as Shawn started cutting down the tree. I helped cut down the tree aswell. We then picked it up and dragged it to a main pathway. We found an employee, with a tractor riding by to pick it up. My hands were getting a little cold, so I attempted to warm them with my breath, but failed doing so. Shawn saw my dilemma, and grabbed my hands warming them up with his, and his breath.

"Better?"

I nodded, giving him a warm smile. 

Shawn pointed back to the family of four. The little girl was making snow angles, as the older boy was attempting to hit his father with snowballs. The dad was cutting the tree, while the mom watched them carefully. It looked like they were a soon to be a family of five.

"That's, that's what I want, y/n." He said, in pure confidence, looking at them and them back at me.

"I sure hope, you mean with me." I joke. He looked back at me with a serious and lust filled stare.

"Why would I want anyone else? I want you to be the mother of my children, I want you to be my wife. I want us to last forever." He said, speaking from the heart.