23. Sober

"What are you doing, Harry?" Anna chuckles as she hugs onto my neck while I carry her upstairs to our room.

"Darling, just hold on."

"Whaddup Louis's song reference!" She shrieks.

"I am trying to be romantic, Anna."

"You succeed king." She giggles.

Once I reach the room I sit her down on the bed and she looks at me smiling. She tugs my shirt down on her body to cover her thighs up. I inhale deeply.

"I'll go get your pants."

"No. I dont want 'em."

"You are unknowingly torturing me Anna."

"No. I know this tortures you. That's why I am doing it." She smirks.

"I hate you." I say and pout.

"Aww. I love you too." She says and smiles wide. "Now what were you gonna do?"

"I was going to sing you a song."

"Okay then." Her eyes light up and she rests her elbows on her knees and and her faces sits in her palms. I smile and grab my guitar and sing her 'say you wont let go' by James Arthur.

"Harry." I hear Niall say. I rub my eyes driving the sleep away.

"What?" I ask.

"You were mumbling something in your sleep." I look at him and stay silent to let him continue. He doesnt.

"What was I saying?"

He remains silent.

"What was I saying, Niall?"

"You were saying that she left when she said she wouldn't." I let out a long sigh.

"She had told me that she would never leave. That she would never let go. That she would always love me, Niall. She lied." I say as my eyes prick tears.

Niall just stays silent. We dont speak another word. The car ride is too silent and my ears are ringing but I dont care anymore. I look out of the window. I see the street rolling away as the car moves forward. Every single spot seems to hold some kind of memory I have with Anna. I shudder as we pass McDonalds. Soon Nialls pulls over in Aura's parking lot and I get out of the car. I wait for Niall to turn off the engine and walk besides me. I see some fan from the corner of my eyes spot me and shreik in joy and I start running towards the building. I knock on the door and Aura opens the door.

"Harry?" She says, confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here to see Anna." I say sternly as I feel Niall's hand rubbing my back comfortingly.

"What?" Aura says and gasps.

"Let me in." I say and push her aside to search for Anna. I went inside every room but got no glimpse of her. I came back to Aura. She was talking to Niall. "Where is she, Aura?"

"I told her to talk to you and she left. I thought she went to you." She says, her voice low.

"Aura, she had a memory loss. She doesnt remember me!" I almost shout.

"You really gave into that bullshit?"

Her question catches me off guard. I furrow my eyebrows at her. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. What does she mean?

"W-what do you mean?"

"Do you really believe what she said?"

"What do you mean, Aura?"

"She's lying, Harry." Aura says leaving me more confused.

"W-why would she lie to me?" I almost laugh.

"Because she is dying. Harry, her reports are really bad. Her doctor told her that she is going to die in 2-3 months now. She doesnt want to hurt you. She doesnt want you to know that she is leaving. She promised you that she wont leave. But she has to. Her life is ending. And she loves you beyond limits. She loves you so much that she doesnt want you to hurt after she leaves. She wants you to believe that she forgot and wants you to move on with your life so that when she would die, you wouldn't hurt a lot. She loves you. A little too much."

My eyes sting as she says those words. My eyes avert to Niall to see his eyes red and puffy. I swear I must look worse. My heart is racing and my mind is cloudy with thoughts. My vision becomes blurry as more and more tears form in my eyes. I just stare at both of them. Aura's lower lip is quivering just the exact replica. Tears start flowing down my cheeks like a free waterfall and I collapse on the floor. My hands lay limp besides me as I shake my head. I cry like I have never before. I feel like the world is spinning around me as I cry and cry. My palms grab my face and I cry muffled cries into my palms.

"You are lying!" I scream. "You are fucking lying!" Niall comes and sits besides me and touches my back to comfort me again.

"Dont fucking touch me!" I snap at him. "You all are lying!"

"Harry..." Niall tries again.

"Get away from me!" I scream again. And then again. I scream multiple times till my voice breaks and then I just cry. My throat aches from all the screaming. Niall tries again and I give in this time. He hugs me sideways and I cry into his chest like a little child.

"Harry, calm down."

***

I rub my eyes and then squint them. There a lot of sunshine coming from the window. Wait, where am I?

I look around the room and notice that I am in Aura's apartment. I remember crying a lot and then falling asleep. Then I remember why I was crying. A sharp pain strikes my head and I scream in pain. I hold my head in my hands and shut my eyes tight. I bite my lip hard trying to stop the pain in my head.

Aura comes running into the room and then goes back out and comes back in with tablets and water in her hands. I dont even fight her and gulp down the tablets.

"Are you feeling okay?" Aura asks me after a few minutes. I shake my head.

"I want to meet Anna. I want her to tell me the truth. I want her to love me." I say and the tears appear again, blurring my vision. "But I dont know where she is."

"Harry."

"What?"

"Sober up. We are meeting Anna. Zayn tracked her down." I look up to see her smiling at me. I stand up from my place on the bed and walk outside. On the couch are Zayn, Liam, Niall and Louis. They all look up at me and smile. Louis get up from his seat and comes and hugs me while my hands stay frozen besides me.

"You are going to be okay, mate." Louis says and pats my back.

***
Double update eh? ;) I am also announcing something else. I had this huge writer's block. So I started writting another story. It is up on my profile so go check it out. Its called 'SPY'

 Its called 'SPY'

Have a nice day. I love you. xx.