Chapter 3 Race

Matty closes the door behind him and we all glare at each other. "What the hell you want" I ask "now, now Cassie. You know" a familiar voice says. My jaw clenches as my fist tighten turning my knuckles white. "Hello Pedro" I say "shouldn't you be in jail" I ask knowing the answer "didn't you hear. I got an excuse" he says. Pedro is an ex of mine a bad one though "I told you I don't want to see you again" I tell him.
"Yes, yes I know. But that's not how this works" he says "you got to race me" he says "it I can pay you to go away" I shoot back. "That won't work this time" he says "Cassie" I hear Sarah's voice. I turn to see Sarah, Gus, Blake, Cole, and Zander "fuck" says Matty. "Ooo isn't she a doll" says Pedro checking her out "I bet I can make you worth something" he says about to touch her. I grab Pedro's wrist "Fine you want to race. I'll race you. But on my terms" I tell him "Cassie" I head Matty. "That's the Cassie Ruby Davenport I know" Pedro says smiling cruelly at me.
I ignore his comment and give him to rules. "One lap. We start he and end here. We go the long way only. And I'll know you cheated" I tell him "Cassie. I would never cheat especially against you" he says "because we both know you cheat you say hello to death" Pedro reminds me. "If you win I go back with but Matty stays" I say and Pedro smirks "and if I win" I say "you leave and never show your god damn face to me or anyone I know ever again" I say and his smirk disappears. "Deal" Pedro says sticking his hand out "deal" I say and shake his hand.
Everyone from the party is outside now waiting for the race. I had Matty and Zander go get the Camaro for me since I can't leave. They pull in and I smirk at Pedro, who looks pissed. "What took you so long" I ask Matty "someone slashes the tires" Matty says tossing me the keys. I look to Pedro glaring at his smug smile "he'll pay" I say. "What is going on and who the hell are they" asked Blake "just shut up and watch" I say coldly. "Their the Chupacabra Gang from our old town. Pedro is Cassie's ex" says Matty "he was a bad choice" I say. "Anyways he tried to kill me and someone beat him as my mom called the police. Pedro had a trail but got let go" Matty finishes. "And I'm going to make him wish they thrown him in that cell instead" I say.
"Racers to your cars" says a girl with black hair and very short, shorts. I walk over to my car and get in Pedro doing the same. "Start your engines" she says and we do.
"On your mark"
"Get set"
"Go" she says and we take off.
I drift my car like a piece of cake while Pedro has a little trouble. Drifting never was his thing. I shift the gears and put the petal to the metal "take the next left" my GPS says. I drift and head straight into traffic I zigzag though cars. As I am Pedro passes me and smiles. I shake my head and shift the gears again I am right next to Pedro and flip him off. He is distracted by it and I speed pace him and he realizes then he had slowed down a bit.
We take two rights that involved drifting and I was still in the lead. We take a left and the finish line was up ahead. Pedro passes me, he had already used his nitrogen. I flip mine on and I zoom off passing Pedro and won by two cars. I get out and Matty runs to me as I see Pedro pissed off hitting his fucking car. Everyone cheers even though most of them are drunk and won't remember this. Matty picks me up and spins me around as the others congratulate me.
Pedro pushes through to me with his gang behind him. He looks pissed and I glare at him, he then sticks his hand out. "Good race" he says and I smile and shake his hand "you did good" I tell him. They then leave while we all continued to cheer and the party then continues.
Of course I didn't really party, but I did take videos of everyone else drunk. So YouTube worthy.