i

(unedited)

"lizas going to be here soon, and so maybe pick us up in an hour? i'll be ready by then!" gabbie told zane while hopping out of his car. he nodded and smiled as he pulled out of her driveway. gabbie huffed and slid her phone into her back pocket. she trudged up her driveway to the front door, opening it slowly. the usual noise and chaos she was greeted with was replaced by a relaxing silence. gabbies family did the most to stay far away from each other, it was hard during the school year, but during the summer everybody silently agrees to leave the house as much as possible.

gabbie smiled a little bit and basked in the absolute quiet. she walked over to her kitchen to grab a water bottle from the fridge. as she opened the fridge door she heard footsteps coming down the stairs and her body tensed up. "i'm heading out!" her sister cecilia yelled and shut the door behind her before gabbie could say anything. gabbie let out a sigh of relief and pulled a water bottle out of the fridge. the doorbell rang throughout the house and gabbie put the water bottle down to go answer the door.

"gabbie!" liza exclaimed pulling the taller blonde into a hug. "hey liza!" gabbie said hugging her back and then welcoming her inside. "when's zane coming?" liza asked grabbing the bottle of water and taking a sip. "like an hour or so," gabbie shrugged taking the bottle from lizas hand and taking a sip herself. "okay perfect. we have enough time to get ready for our last summer!" liza flashed gabbie a smile. "our last summer here... isn't that crazy?!" gabbie reminisced. "hey!" liza snapped, "we still have time! don't get sappy now!" gabbie laughed as liza dragged her upstairs to her room to start getting ready.

ever since seventh grade liza, gabbie, zane, and david celebrate the first day of summer by going to david's family diner. they would bike there throughout the summer as well, but ever since zane got his license they ditched the bikes for a toyota. it started out as just a fun thing, but soon the diner became a tradition. it was fun when they would all go as a group of friends, but recently david and liza started dating and gabbie worried things would change.

"so what are you gonna wear?" liza was ecstatic. gabbie sauntered over to her closet and pulled out a pastel pink dress with a sweetheart neckline and a skirt that flared. "this?" gabbie raised an eyebrow at liza. "yes! go change right now! i'll go scavenge for my own outfit in your closet," liza said pushing gabbie into her bathroom and walking over to her closet. she grabbed a black skater skirt, a white tank top and an oversized denim jacket. "i'm gonna change after you!" liza yelled. "okay!" gabbie said, opening the bathroom door and stepping out. she looked down at her dress and smoothed out the skirt. "is this okay?" gabbie asked. liza nodded adamantly, "yes!"

gabbie laughed and ushered her friend into the bathroom to change as well. she walked over to the side of her bed and picked up her black converse and slid them on. liza soon came out of the bathroom and exaggerated her walk flamboyantly making gabbie laugh a little bit. "zane's gonna be on his way soon!" gabbie piped up. liza nodded and put on her boots and tied them up.

they walked downstairs and exited the hanna household, sitting on the porch steps. "this is our final first day of summer liza," gabbie said quietly, resting her head on lizas shoulder. "then we better make it count." liza replied, wrapped her arm around gabbies waist.