20.REAL LIFE

[REHEARSALS]

"Hello, children," Trish Sie - the director of Pitch Perfect 3 - said as she walked onto the airbase set where the cast was scattered around, along with their choreographer Aakomon Jones.

"Alright guys," Aakomon said, "Lets start rehearsals for the riff off scene!" He exclaimed.

Everyone begrudgingly stood up, including Rebekka - who was looking at her phone.

"U-u," Trish said, taking the phone out of the girl's hands.

"But I need to text back Lucas-" Bekka tried, but got cut off by her director.

"Sorry hun," The woman said, "You'll get this back once rehearsals are over," Trish said, gesturing to the teenager's phone and putting it in her pocket.

"Okay, so, we're going to start with Hana Mae standing in the middle of the base and then, just see how the choreography we worked out yesterday works and just sing it with the backing track, it doesn't even matter if it's out of tune, we're just focusing on the choreography," Aakomon told them with a smile before he and Trish walked back over to the rest of the crew.

"Aaand, action!" Trish cried.

"You just sing other people's songs, right? Like a cover band," Andy Allo (Serenity) asked the 'Bellas' as Owen (Noah) stood awkwardly next to her.

"Uh, no, no, no. Uh, well, actually, Emily writes original songs for the Bellas," Anna Camp (Aubrey) defended the group.

"I mean, I don't really do it anymore," Hailee (Emily) said, "I kind of did that one, and then I," She trailed off.

"Hey. Hey, hey, hey, hey. You with us or against us?" Anna Camp cut the girl off.

"And it was one of your dads who gave you the spot on the tour, right?" Andy asked.

"Oh, my God," Brittany (Chloe) groaned, exasperated.

"Guys, stop. They just don't like sharing the spotlight, so they're trying to intimidate us. Let's just take the high road and do what we do," Hailee told the group.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Ester (Cynthia Rose) asked Hailee and Rebekka (Katie).

"What are you thinking?" Bekka asked the woman.

"A riff-off," Rebel (Fat Amy) suddenly piped up and the other Bellas started gasping in excitement, aside from Hailee and Bekka.

"That's not what I was thinking," Hailee said before turning to the blonde besides her, "Where you?"

"Would you really expect me to think that?" Bekka asked the girl.

"What is a riff-off?" Ruby Rose (Cynthia) asked, completely and utterly unimpressed.

- Yeah. A riff-off is a little game that we like to play to see who's better," Brittany explained, "We start with a topic. Um. - Let's say "party songs." - Ooh. - Nice. Yeah, and then we lay down a beat," She said, pointing at Hana Mae (Lilly, Esther)