11.REAL LIFE

[9:45 PM]

"Come on," Lucas ushered as he and Bekka walked hand-in-hand away from the party.

"Lucas, are you sure it's okay for us to leave?" Rebekka asked, glancing back at the party venue - which had loud music emitting from it - tugging his hand, making him come to a halt.

"It'll be fine," The boy in question waved off, "It's not like they'll miss us,"

Rebekka sighed, obviously conflicted as she guiltily glanced back at the house.

"Look," Lucas said, putting his free hand on her arm, "I want to get to know you better, and we can't exactly do that if there's loud music and drunk people everywhere, now, can we?" He asked, "I mean, come on, we're the Anne with an E Rangers," The boy cheered slightly, making the blonde in front of him smile and chuckle lightly, making a grin appear on Lucas' face.

"I'm pretty sure it was the Anne with an E Brigade, but..," She trailed off, looking at him.

"So, is that a yes?" Lucas asked, a hopeful glint in his eye, causing Bekka to copy his grin and cave in, nodding.

"Yeah, sure, it could be fun," The girl said, "But you just have to promise me one thing. You have to promise that you won't fall in love with me," Rebekka told him, slightly jokingly, making Lucas chuckle.

"I'll try," Lucas smiled down at the blonde, who nodded before quickly looking at the party venue and then snap her head back to him.

"Well, if we're gonna go, we better do it quickly, because Briar and Amybeth are looking for us," Bekka told him, pointing to the two, who had just exited the house and were standing at the entrance doors, searching outside the front of the house for their friends.

As the pair ran away, hand in hand, their was a slight frown on the Brit's face.

If only Lucas knew how serious she was.