12.REAL LIFE

[9:54 PM]

"Pose!" Bekka told Lucas as she held her phone up when the two were standing in some random supermarket in Toronto, about five minutes away from the the party venue that they were supposed to be in at that exact moment in time.

Lucas did as he was told and pulled a weird face that Rebekka took a picture of. The girl then looked at it and promptly burst out laughing.

"Can I see?" Lucas laughed and Rebekka nodded, handing him her phone for him to look at and once he did, he too let out a small burst of laughter.

"You take a good picture Zumann," Bekka jokingly told the boy she had met just over four hours ago.

"And I bet you do too, Black," Lucas smiled down at the Brit.

"Did you know there's another Rebecca Black?" The blonde asked the dark-haired boy.

"There is?" Lucas asked Bekka and she nodded.

"Yeah, the only difference is that her name's spelt with Cs, whilst mine's spelt with Ks," The blue eyed Brit told him.

"What a small world," He mused as the pair started making their way to the confectionery aisle, making the girl nod.

"Alright," Bekka said as they stopped in front of the chocolates and candy, "You're vegan, aren't you?" She asked Lucas - who nodded in reply, "Ah, this is gonna be hard," The girl muttered.

"But you know, a lot of food is unintentionally vegan," Lucas said as he stood behind her, looking at the snacks in front of them.

"Really?" Bekka asked, turning her head to face him.

"Uh-hu," The boy nodded reaching over her shoulder and grabbing a packet off of the shelf, his eyes quickly scanning the ingredients before showing them to her, "Like these, for example,"

Bekka gasped, grabbing the packet and smiling.

"I think...," She said, looking at the packet of skittles, "You're my new best friend,"

"Don't let Briar hear you say that," Lucas smiled down at her.

"Oh, yeah, I know. I'm not stupid," Rebekka smiled back.

"Hey, I never said you were," The American told her, chuckling, making the girl do the same.

Lucas then grabbed some chocolate off the rack and showed it to her.

"You have got to try Bournville," He told her.

"It sounds one of those creepy, abandoned towns you find in horror movies," Bekka muttered, grabbing some more food off the shelf, "What about these?" She asked Lucas, "Is Turkish Delight vegan?"

"Almost always," Lucas told her, walking over to her after grabbing a few drinks from the fridge, handing her one and taking the pack from her to read the ingredients.

"Thatnks," Rebekka smiled slightly, gesturing to the drink in her hand.

"No problem," Lucas smiled back, handing her the Turkish Delight.

After getting some more food, the two made their way to one of cashiers and put their items on the counter.

"Hi," Rebekka smiled at the woman, behind the till, who must have been in her early twenties, the name on her badge reading Fern.

"Oh, my God," She muttered, looking at the two, "You're Rebekka Black and Lucas Zumann,"

"Uh, yeah," Lucas smiled.

"Sorry," The woman said, "I'm just a huge fan," She smiled.

"Well, it's always nice meet a fan," Bekka told her, she and Lucas both sporting similar, genuine smiles.

"Aren't you two supposed to be at the Netflix party?" Fern asked the pair as she started scanning their items and putting them in a bag for them.

"Uh, yeah, supposed we're to be," Lucas told her.

"I've been watching the live stream," Fern said, gesturing to the phone propped up on the counter, "I don't think many people have noticed you're missing,"

"Could we - uh - could we have a look?" Bekka asked her.

"Yeah, sure, here," Fern said, handing the girl her phone.

The teenager smiled in thanks as she turned up the volume, Lucas peering over her shoulder. Looking at the screen, the pair noticed they were streaming an interview of Briar and Amybeth.

"Shit," Both Lucas and Bekka muttered in unison.

"So, how's your night been?" The interviewer asked the girls.

"It's been great, we've had so much with our friends," Amybeth answered, smiling.

'"Well, almost all of our friends," Briar corrected her friends.

"What do you mean?" The interviewer asked.

"Well," Briar started, "About ten minutes ago, both Lucas Zumann and Rebekka Black went M.I.A and no-one's seen them since," She revealed.

"Well," Bekka said, "I guess they know now,"