Chapter 41 (Fifty-Fifty)

(((WARNING!! There is a Mature scene in this chapter! When you see this * skip to the next *)))

*Charlotte*

There was no warmth next to me in bed, but I could feel something was accompanying me. The last thing I wanted to see when I opened my eyes was the glassy pair inserted into a dead deer head by a taxidermist and the deer's glossy snout pressed up against my nose.

I let out a petrified scream at the sight of the taxidermic deer gazing intently at me. Screaming and scrambling out of bed, almost in tears over it, I got away from it as quickly as my legs would take me, which was slower than usual thanks to the pain in between my legs caused by Brant Young.

The worst part of it all was that Brant didn't even bother to come check on me from wherever he was. That was out of character for him and made me fear something was wrong or that maybe he was still upset over our fight from last night.

Then reality hit me like a ton of bricks. That deer head definitely didn't crawl into bed by itself. For one it had no body to even try to and then there was the fact it was dead. When I darted out the bedroom, it wasn't to run away from the traumatic experience I had just went through, it was to rush downstairs to kill my fiancé. He was the only one who could've done this to me. "Brant Alex Young!!" I growled throughout the cabin. I made sure to purposely stomp on each step as I descended down the staircase to emphasize my anger.

From across the room I heard him laugh to himself while he flipped some pancakes he was making in the quaint kitchen. I ran across the open living room to the kitchen area and tackled him to the kitchen floor to get him back for being so insensitive. He didn't bother to stop laughing, he let his laughter roll on even as I hit his chest multiple times for freaking me out like that.

"I'm sorry, baby!" he choked out, kicking his legs about and still cackling.

"No you're not! You're so mean!" I whined to him.

He grabbed my fist, stopping me from hitting him any more. When he sat up, the smile on his face was irreplaceable. Sure, I wanted to be upset with him for creeping me out like that, but he looked so beautiful when he smiled in that specific way that there was no way I could be angry with him. He was still a jerk, just my handsome one that I needed to apologize to in a big way after everything last night. I never should've said anything about that money or wanting to buy everything for our home. I know that he wants to do it all on his own so he can proudly proclaim that he did it, but like I told him last night, I want to be part of the team. Right now I wasn't even a water boy.

"What's the matter?" he asked, seeing my mood change. He brushed back my messy hair over my shoulders, not taking the slight head shake I responded with as an answer. One look at me and he knew what was wrong. "Let me finish our pancakes and we'll talk about it."

He helped me up off of the floor to hold me as he finished making our breakfast. I could hardly believe that Brant Young was actually cooking and quite well actually. His pancakes looked as scrumptious as he did this morning. I'm use to seeing him waltzing around in his boxers, there was just something about this morning that made him look sexier than usual. Maybe it was because he was cooking for me.

"I went out and got you some chocolate syrup this morning," he whispered in my ear. "You can pour it on your pancakes, or me, which ever you prefer this morning."

I felt his hand creep into my robe to rest on my tummy. His thumb grazed my skin thoughtfully as I replied with, "Can I have both?"

He softly chuckled, "We'll see," against my ear. I glanced over my shoulder at him, satisfied with the small kiss he gave me before he returned his focus on the pancakes he was frying. "I've been figuring up some numbers on how we can split the cost of furniture and things. I'm thinking ninety percent, you pay ten."