Chapter 34 (Finally Right)

I was so excited that I was bouncing in my seat. We had just landed and I spotted Brant waiting next to a brand new black Toyota Tacoma that my father said was his present to me. I hugged my daddy tightly when it was safe to stand, thanking him for my Christmas present that I was more than overjoyed to have. He really didn't have to do this, but it meant a lot that he did. I brought my lips to his forehead, causing him to smile. "You deserve one," I heard him say.

When it was okay for me to exit the jet, you better believe that I had my duffle bag already on my shoulder and was heading out the door. I nearly tripped down the staircase, trying my best to get to my boyfriend who I had missed very much while I was away. Finally being able to see him in person had me crying. I was hoping I didn't trip, fall, and get myself killed before I got to feel his arms around me again. That would've royally sucked.

I ran to the smiling boy, and I ran full speed. He opened his arms to catch me as I attacked him in the much needed hug I've been dying to experience for days. His strong arms wrapped tightly around me, his face immediately burying in my hair as we tightly squeezed one another. "I have missed you so much!" I cried against his neck.

"I've missed you too, Charlotte," he whispered.

We pulled away, but only to zealously share a steamy, passionate kiss that left me feeling light headed. My lips roughly moved with his as I guided his hands to my butt. He eagerly squeezed his fingers, pressing me deeply into his body when his tongue invaded my mouth. I've missed his obsession with my backside very much. I couldn't help but groan in bliss at his touch.

He pulled away slightly just to lazily look me in the eyes, whisper he loved me, and then urgently continue the kiss. I was getting way too hot over this kiss. My mother told me that a lady should always be in control of lustful emotions to keep from seeming like a sloppy girl, but he was making it so hard not to be an easy girl right now. I had been too long without some kind of touch or kiss from him to last me for a while, I was desperate to feel everything I've missed all in that moment.

Brant's hands came up to caress my face, pulling me in to kiss him deeper than I have been. I happily sighed, enjoying my welcome home kiss. It was one of the greatest kisses we have ever shared. A faint yap made Brant slowly pull out of the kiss. "I almost forgot about your Christmas present," he softly laughed.

He took me by the hand, tugging me to the driver's side of my new truck. When he opened the door, I came face to face with the cutest red heeler puppy I have ever seen. If I had to choose any dog to have, it would be an Australian cattle dog just like this heeler puppy before me that was wearing a bow attached to it's camouflage collar with a tag that said his name was Diesel.

"Brant!" I shrieked. "He's so cute!"

I picked the puppy up into my arms, admiring his redish orange pointed ears and soft red and white coat. The puppy happily wagged his tail as he sniffed my face all over. "I knew you would like him, but I knew he was perfect for you when the guy at the shelter told me how he was prematurely delivered out of his dying mother after she was hit by her owner with a bat." I whimpered at the thought and clutched the puppy to my chest. "You're such an animal lover, I thought that it was only right for you take care of him."

It was so beautifully thought out, I couldn't contain myself. I stood on the tips of my toes and gently kissed him as a thank you. "I love him," I grinned.

Brant mirrored my smile as he slowly leaned in to kiss me back. "Well, I love you," he whispered. I giggled when he pressed his lips up against mine in a short kiss.

"I love you too," I replied. He held me some more when I slipped an arm around his waist, hugging him the best way I could without dropping my new puppy. We waited for my father and Jives to come join us, but they were taking their time coming over, chatting amongst themselves. I took that time to tell Brant the bad news. "Jives is leaving the family to go back home," I told him in a hushed voice, wearing a sad smile.