Chapter 32 (Separation Issues)

*Charlotte*

I didn't want to get up. The twins could jump on the bed all they wanted to, I just really didn't feel like turning over. The bed shook violently as one twin came crashing down and the other went airborne. I pulled my pillow over my head, blocking out their chants as they demanded I wake up. I've barely had any sleep, that gave me the right to say no to them.

"Come on, Charlotte! Rise and shine, sweetheart!"

I sat up at the sound of my father's voice. He smiled, leaning over the bed to kiss my forehead good morning. I wouldn't get up for the twins, but for my daddy I would get up early anytime he wanted if it meant getting to see him. "Good morning," he greeted. "Rough night?" he asked while rubbing his thumbs over the bags I probably had under my eyes.

"It wasn't rough, I talked to Brant until some time this morning."

My father sat next to me on the bed, wrapping his arms around me in comfort. "Miss him?"

"Always," I giggled. "Brant is sort've irreplaceable. No one is as special as he is."

He laughed, pulling away to look at me. There was something different about him this time. He has told me too many times that he was going to be there for me more. That never went as plan. This time he seemed serious, desperate almost. For the whole time I've been here, I don't even think he's talked to Chanel over the phone or via text. She had jetted off to Paris again with a no limit credit card. Even my card had a thousand dollar spending limit on it. How could he not see how ridiculous being with her was?

None of that mattered, not as long as he was here with me. She could have all the money she wanted if it meant I got to spend time with him. He stroked down my bed hair, smiling softly at me. I leaned in, burying my face into his shoulder and enjoying the fatherly embrace he gave me. "No matter how much I'm enjoying this father-daughter moment, Charlotte needs to get ready before we're late," one of the twins spoke up. "You know how Clark gets when we're late."

At the mention of Clark, their director, my father tugged me out of the bed, yelling, "Move! Move! Move!" like a drill sergeant. "Knees to chest!"

I hightailed it into the bathroom with my suitcase since he was rushing me, and started myself up a shower. My outfit today would be a simple blue loose tank too with love written in black lettering that I had gotten from Victoria's Secret forever ago, some jean shorts, and a pair of black and white converse. I searched through my bag, finding my black undergarment set that I left out to be put on first.

"Come on, Charlotte! How long does it take you to shower?"

I rolled my eyes. "Whichever twin is outside of that door, I'm going to strangle you!" I yelled back.

"It's Caleb then!"

I shook my head, quickly disrobing and getting into the shower. I tried to clean myself well with everyone rushing me. They should've woke me earlier if they had to be at the studio at a certain time. I rinsed myself off and hurriedly pulled on my clothes while brushing my teeth. I laced up my converse, blow dried my hair, and ran out the bathroom in record time.

The first thing I did was punch Caleb in the arm. "Ow!" he hissed.

"I'm not stupid! I know you said that it was you to make it seem like it was Cale! You're the evil twin!"

He smirked, reaching out to brush a lock of hair behind my ear. "You look nice." I couldn't bring myself to strangle him, his dark blue eyes reminded me of Brant too much.

"Thank you, but you're still evil."

He nudged me to the door, urging me to get going. I looked around for my dad, but he and Jives were gone. "We're driving you to the studio," Cale explained when he saw that I was looking for my familiar bunch.