Chapter 25 (Our Day, My Day?)

I was still tired, even after getting a full nights rest in my beloved Brant's arms. My father had kept his promise last night about going to see my mother. He didn't talk much, I mostly told her how much I missed her, but I'm sure she knew how hard it was for him to even see a picture of her, seeing her grave was ten times worse.

When we returned home that night with Japanese food, Brant whisked me away to my bedroom to let the relaxing begin. He started me off with a nice bubble bath with only candles lighting my bathroom. After I soaked to the point that I went all wrinkly, I blew out the candles and joined him in bed for food and later some hardcore make out sessions that I was still high off of.

This morning, with what little bit of money he had brought along, Brant took me out to breakfast at Hardee's. "I know it's not much, I wish I could give you more," he had said with those big, navy blue puppy dog eyes of his. I had to make sure he understood that I didn't want all of that fancy stuff I use to have. He was all I wanted, and with him came cheap fast food restaurants and hard work. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

We were currently on a plane ride home. Brant was kissing on my cheek, trying to distract me during my game of flappy birds because he sucked at it and wanted me to lose. I admit he was a lovely distraction, but it wasn't good enough to throw me off of my game.

Then that flight attendant from the ride to New York walked past giving Brant the cougar eyes, and I missed beating my high score. Brant turned my head his way so I wouldn't glare at the woman's back. "Calm down, honey," he whispered with amusement shining in his smile. I glared at him in warning as well. "What?" he innocently complained. "Even though that woman wants to ride me like a bucking bronco doesn't mean that I want her. You on the other hand..." His eyes flickered over me. "Any time you're ready, baby, saddle up!"

My cheeks warmed at how loud he was being. If my father hears, he's dead meat. Austin poked his head in between the seats, telling Brant that he would throw a celebration the day Brant got to have sex with me. I slapped Austin in face and hit Brant in the arm, shaking my head at him when he fell over in my lap laughing. "It will be the best rodeo you will ever experience," Brant went on to brag. Austin laughed harder as he leaned back in his seat to pull out of the conversation. "I hope anyway," Brant murmured. And there's the cute, insecure boy I love.

He rested his head on my lap, watching me at what I knew was a terrible angle. I probably looked horrible from that view. I bet I had a double chin from down there. "Did I mention how beautiful you look today?" This mind reading stuff has got to stop.

"Brant, stop flirting with my daughter," my father interrupted while walking past with five bottles of mini champagnes to help him forget how whiny Chanel had been about him leaving was my guess.

I'll never forget the pride I felt in my father this morning when we were about to head out to the airport. Chanel came running out of the bedroom in nothing but a slutty thong and a push up bra. I had naturally reacted by covering Brant's eyes, then apologized for doing so after I realized it probably seemed like I didn't trust him. Brant simply responded by pulling my hands back over his eyes to let me know that it was okay.

My dad on the other hand didn't overlook Chanel's sleazy behavior. He went off on her for coming out dressed like that in front of my boyfriend. My father wasn't jealous, he just couldn't handle disrespect. He sent her on her way and when she asked if he would call her when he landed, he snorted out that she shouldn't count on it. I was the proudest daughter right now.

It was bad of me to be enjoying it, basking in it really, but after all of this crap I've been through because of her, I could care less. Then again, I needed to go back to my hometown, and I needed to fall in love with Brant all over again. He was my everything. I guess that made me a little grateful to Chanel.