Four

Present Day

"I love you guys little love story," Skylar said with a smile, "You basically was head over heels for her, but was trying to play it cool."

Shawn smiled because it was true. He always felt like he loved Beyoncé more than she loved him and she would always say the opposite. Despite all his mistakes in their relationship, he still loved the hell out of her.

"Yeah, I guess you right.." He said, "But I made some mistakes – well, a lot of mistakes. I lied when I shouldn't have."

Skylar frowned, "Lied about what?"

Shawn sighed, "I basically told her I was single and played with her emotions, but really I wasn't necessarily single. I had a girlfriend back then but we were on and off. I never really mentioned that to Beyoncé, but she found out anyway."

Summer rolled her eyes, "Niggas.. How did she find out?"

_________

1994

It's been a month since Beyoncé's first day of high school and it was officially her birthday month. Even though it didn't make much of a difference, she couldn't wait to turn 15.

She was in a happy place in her life at the moment. Her and her father had made up and was back on good terms, her grades were all great, and to top everything off, her and Shawn's bond has gotten even stronger.

They weren't in a relationship just yet, but she knew it would happen soon. They talked all day, everyday and even fell asleep on the phone almost every night. It was more than a crush now. She actually liked him and possibly loved him.

She knew so much about him and vice versa. They told each other almost everything. No one knew anything about them, but them. Of course Kelly and Latoya knew that her and Shawn had something going on, but other than them, no one else knew. Shawn haven't even told anyone.

It was Friday and labor day weekend, which meant that school was canceled on Monday. That gave Beyoncé a three day weekend and even extra time to finish her homework.

"Did you ask your parents could you go to the party?" Latoya asked Beyoncé through the phone. They've been on the phone since they got out of school discussing the party that Shawn and his teammates were throwing.

"I did," Beyoncé said as she looked through her closet for something to wear, "They said I could go, but my mom would be dropping me off and picking me up."

Latoya smiled, "Finally!" Her parents weren't as strict as Beyoncé's so she didn't have to worry about asking hers because they would let her go anyway.

Beyoncé laughed, "And then my birthday is Monday. I'm so excited."

Latoya smirked, "You wanna know what I think you should do for your birthday?"

"Oh gosh, what is it?"

"Keyword: Shawn. I shouldn't have to say anything else."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes. She knew exactly what Latoya was talking about, but she just couldn't see herself doing that just yet. She wanted to keep her virginity for as long as she could and not throw it away just because everyone else was doing it.

"Just because you lost your virginity to Brandon doesn't mean I should do the same with Shawn. Besides, we're friends. We haven't even kissed yet."

Latoya laughed, "Girl please! You know you and Shawn are more than friends. What friends fall asleep on the phone at night? You love that boy more than you know."