Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

"Jeon Jungkook!" An unfamiliar face called, which I figured was new. She extended her arm and used her thumb to click a small button as they both smiled for the picture.

School has been like this ever since the day Jungkook last spoke to me. Every time we'd have classes together, I'd make sure we would sit far from each other, even if he refuses.

I haven't wrote anything in my diary. I just stare at the blank pages, hoping that maybe something, even the most irrelevant things would pop up in my head just for me to write.

I twirled my pen around with my fingers and I formed a fist with my left hand, gently placing it below my jawline. I yawned and glanced at the clock, realizing that we only have about ten minutes left.

Ever since I entered this classroom, I couldn't help but notice Jungkook's secret glances that he keeps sending me. And every time I would look back,  he'd instantly dodge my eyes and try to make an excuse that he was doing something else.

Finally, the clock stroke 12:00, signaling us that it's finally the end of 3rd period and the start of our lunch break.

I shoved my diary and my books into my bag. I threw it around my right shoulder and was about to exit the classroom before I felt a tight grip on my wrist.

I sighed and shut my eyes; already knowing who it was. I opened my eyes and turned to the man gripping my wrist.

I crossed my arms and glared at him. His eyes showed regret and sadness as he stared at my 'anger-flaming' eyes.

"What do you want?"

He blinked twice and slowly scratched the back of his neck. He gulped before speaking, "I just.. I.. I wanted to.. say um.. sorry." He stammered, struggling to find the correct words to use.

"I know my reason to befriend you was the most stupid thing I've ever done in my life and I want to be completely honest with you. Being friends with you made me feel complete and happy.. I know you're not gonna accept my apology but I just wanted to get this out of my chest because I can't keep ignoring you and I just wan-"

I cut him off by raising my index finger at him; telling him that that's enough. "It's.. fine. I guess."

His eyes widened but I saw a small sparkle of light glistening in his eyes as he smiled in relief.

He extended both of his arms, leaning closer to me. He awkwardly tried to hug me but I refused to let him wrap his arms around my body. I mean, we weren't that close.. I guess it's normal to reject a small hug from someone.

He awkwardly smiled and muttered a small "Bye.." at me.

I sighed and turned around to find Jeon Jungkook running around the hallway with a small smile stuck to his face.

At this point, I've actually wondered.. How was love able to change his personality, attitude and behavior?