Chapter 13

"It's been 3 years. I miss you two." I sniffed before placing the bouquet of white flowers on their tombstones. I suddenly felt a few tears flow down my face as I quietly stared at their tombstone with an empty mind.

Don't you ever feel like you have so many things that you end up staying silent instead? When you have so much in your mind right now but you don't know how to say it?

I sighed. "Hey mom, hey dad. Life has been rough. A lot of things are happening lately. Graduation is in 3 months. I wish you were there to support me as I walk up to the stage. I want to hear you applause for me, even when you're up there."

"I wanna let you know that I'm getting really high grades in school, and this is all because of you. You've inspired me to become a greater person and I promised you that I will grow up successful, just like how you wanted me to be."

"I can't express how much I love and miss you, mom.. dad. There's been a lot of bad and good things happening lately and I wish you were here to hug me."

"Mom, I miss your cooking. I miss your hugs. I wanna feel your embrace every time I feel hurt. Sometimes whenever I feel like crying, I just suddenly feel your arms wrap around me as I cry on your shoulder, even if you're not there. The food I've been eating is great. But it's never as great as yours. Your cooking could make my day much brighter. Remember when I was 7 and I used to tell the other kids about how great of a cook you are? Haha.. I really do miss you, mom. I love you.. so much."

"Dad, you don't have to worry. Jungkook drops me home all the time. But not anymore, hah.. Usually when I run to the school gate, I always see you waving your hand at me. I can't help but smile even if I know it's not real. I'd stay up all night waiting for you to kiss my forehead and sing me songs before I sleep. I'll never get tired of it, even if I grow old. I just imagine you're sitting there beside me, singing me our favorite song and kissing my forehead before I go to sleep. Even if it's not real, I'll never stop believing that it is. That's how much I miss you, dad. I love you.. so much."

I sighed and let another set of tears flow down my face as I stare at their names written on the tombstone. I looked up the sky and smiled. "Thank you.. for everything." I whispered.

"I wish you were here to continue giving me love when only one person can."